Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can debris get sucked from the exhaust into the combustion chamber ?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Mz3bo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can debris get sucked from the exhaust into the combustion chamber ?????

Hi,

Woo, just found out there was a TT forum !! :

This is all about my OEm exhaust on my 996TT... Please no need to says "get aftermarket exhaust", I just don't want to (being very disppointed after a few of them)...

I have finished emptying my cats but some few small debris (from the cats) fallen into the oem exhaust chamber itself. There is no way to reach it. When I shake the entire exhaust system, I can hear a few of them... My question is, can I install it on the car and wot it so all the debris get out ? The debris, IMO, are not larger than 1/4 inch ...

Second, can some of those debris get sucked back trough the turbos all the way into the combustion chamber ? What are my chances it get happens ?

Opening the exhaust and rewelding it is not possible. All the cats inside walls has been polished and it is not very smooth...

Thanks
Bo
Old 02-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Olav A.
Racer

Actually, there is a better TT forum here https://rennlist.com/forums/forumdis...?s=&forumid=61
Old 02-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Blacksport350
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, it is impossible for debris in the exhaust to get into the intake system.

That being said, it is never good to have debris in the exhaust system so i would consider replacing it with a used OEM exhaust if you are not interested in an aftermarket one. If you post over on the turbo board, their should be a bunch of poeple with stock exhausts that they would love to get rid of.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

On a twin turbo car that I had, the turbos failed. The engine was removed and inspected by the factory. The turbos and inlet manifolds were replaced. It was thought that bad fuel had caused the failure, material passed from the turbos into the inlet manifolds. All the work was done under warranty.

R+C

Quick Reply: Can debris get sucked from the exhaust into the combustion chamber ?????