Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car transport costs from Sarasota, FL. to San Jose, CA.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Olav A.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car transport costs from Sarasota, FL. to San Jose, CA.

Anyone have any ideas what it would set me back?

I'm thinking of this car http://www.gt3forsale.com/.

Thanks!

Last edited by Olav A.; 02-21-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Changed transport destination.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:18 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

san jose fl ?

when i moved from detroit to miami 1400 miles or so i found 500-800$ for open transport
and 1400-3000 for enclosed. I ended up shrink wrapping the car and pulling it behind the moving van.

you could always fly in and drive home, awlays a good way to get ot know your car
or if you can find a resposible person to drive it back for you
Old 02-21-2007, 12:22 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That's a good looking car! The interior could use a Swiffer but the exterior looks pristine.

Why don't you just have a friend drive you down and then drive her back? What is it... about a 4.5 hour drive?

Open transport will run you about $650 and fully enclosed can be $1000 and up. Intercity Lines charges almost $1500 for an enclosed transport including the fuel surcharge.

In my experience, mileage is less of a factor. They charge you for the spot on the truck.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Olav A.
Racer

Sorry, my bad. It's to San Jose, CA.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:04 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a great GT3 in Seattle <5,000 miles Porsche dealer
www.barriermotors.com
Speed yellow and PCCB

They are asking way too much but between you getting the price down and a 12 hour drive home you will save $5,000 in transport.

I know the previous owner he is a Rennlister and took very good care of the car.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Olav, I use intercitylines.com for customer cars that get shipped to us in the Bay Area from different places in the County. Or Gold Rush. Both are good. Enclosed is about 1500-1700 and open is about half that....
Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,430 Likes on 2,040 Posts

I had a car transported from DC to CA. I've heard great things about Intercity Lines, but they couldn't pick up the car quick enough. I used Demoise Auto Transport www.demoise.com

1. They are an authorized Porsche NA transporter of new cars that come off the boat.

2. They literally picked up my car 2 hours after I had called their office for the contract.

3. They delivered the car cross country a day earlier than they said they would.

4. The car was delivered in an enclosed trailer (don't go with an open trailer, especially with all the weather this time of year, you don't want a GT3 to be ruined by a hail story or whatever). The car was well taken care of while transported.

5. The cost was a few hundred dollars less than other bidders. (Roughly $1500).

Good Luck
Old 02-21-2007, 11:55 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I thought that car sold along time ago. I remember the owner of that car posting here and getting pissed that we commented on the interior being so damn dirty.

Anyway, about your question, I would TOTALLY rec'd Intercity. They are awesome. Door-to-door white glove service in an enclosed trailer that the company owns....NO SUBBING OUT THE WORK!!! I paid this past summer to transport from Vegas, to North Carolina $1650 and that was with a gas surcharge. Remember the gas prices?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 PM
jonysan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I sold my M3 last year, a guy from Maine bought it. He used FedEx, who is partnered with Passport Transport. Passport is well known for their enclosed vehicle transport service. They bring a lot of the cars out to Monterey for PB & Historics weekend. The guy that bought the M3 paid $1900 to ship it from the Sacramento area to Maine. When I was shopping GT3's, I was looking at one in the Chicago area. FedEx quoted me $1400 from Chicago to Sacramento area. Go to FedEx.com to get an instant quote if you buy a GT3 from far away. Both the M3 buyer and I were happy with their service.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:04 AM
khaug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stunning car!!! No drill-hole rotor cracks apparent = no track history

Screw having it transported - fly there, drive it back and bond with it on the way. It will be a never-to-be-forgotten trip!!! A friend did this with a 993 from Oregon to Michigan a few years ago,and says he wouldn't trade the trip for anything!

Regards,
Old 02-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Olav A.
Racer

Originally Posted by khaug
Stunning car!!! No drill-hole rotor cracks apparent = no track history

Screw having it transported - fly there, drive it back and bond with it on the way. It will be a never-to-be-forgotten trip!!! A friend did this with a 993 from Oregon to Michigan a few years ago,and says he wouldn't trade the trip for anything!

Regards,
2300 miles is a long trip but it would take me through places I've never been.

Thanks everyone. There are some great options to choose from!

Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by khaug
No drill-hole rotor cracks apparent = no track history
WTF? You do realize that rotors are consumables and can be replaced? Not saying one way or another that this guy tracked it but does that really even matter at this point? The way it was taken care of if crucial.

Quick Reply: Car transport costs from Sarasota, FL. to San Jose, CA.