Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ERP Suspension Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:54 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bearing puller. Most good tool shops, any Snap On / Mac tool / etc truck, or even Harbor Freight
Old 02-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Cary E
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The tool I'm using in photo 3 is a Bearing Separator. That particular one is a 4.5" Snap-on CJ-951. Any place that sells pullers should have them. This doesn't put much stress on the tool so, an inexpensive one would likely do the job. I would guess you could find them on ebay as well......

......oops, viperbob posted the same time I did so, I didn't mean to repeat. Harbor freight is a good suggestion for this application ... they likely have them for really cheap... Let me know how it turns out.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am waiting to hear the pricing and avilability on the Cup innner a-arm ends. I need to buy two anyway as I am changing the rears to 2 pc arms. The other idea I had was to center drill one of the bushings to access the other one but I did not know how to hold the lower arm with the other bearing installed. The bearing seperator is the fix. Something for me to play with this week.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:23 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ed, I've four of those a-arm ends brand new. Actually, they're street GT3 RS inner bearings, with ERP monoball bearings. I will post pictures next week, as they will be for sale (cheap).

The price for the MotorSports inner monoball bearings is $400 each (at least that's what I paid). They're still cheaper than the entire MotorSports two-piece arms with the monoball inner bearing at $1,500 a piece.

By the way, the full monoball conversion brings these cars to another level. The GT3 Cup doesn't have that level of components as the GT3R,RS, RSR do. The car becomes more predictable, and the alignment doesn't have to be that aggressive, so better braking power and acceleration out of turns.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

I already have the ERP bearings and can use the inners on my front 2 pc arms if I choose. I am definitely in need of a set of rear 2 pc arms, preferable without bushings. Hence my plan to buy 4 inners and 2 outers (rear). How come every time I talk to you there is something coming off your car. You going back to stock?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:46 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Newman
I already have the ERP bearings and can use the inners on my front 2 pc arms if I choose. I am definitely in need of a set of rear 2 pc arms, preferable without bushings. Hence my plan to buy 4 inners and 2 outers (rear). How come every time I talk to you there is something coming off your car. You going back to stock?
Stock? no way. I'm just cautious so I've spares for most of the things that break. I'm just missing a spare axle, as I know they break, and one of these days will be my lucky day.

The rear RS a-arms are identical to the front ones. It's just that the left one at the front goes at the right on the back.

Sunset has great prices on those arms. You just need to order the following:

(1) 996.341.122.90
(1) 996.341.121.90

These are the outer pieces with the rubber bushings. Put the ERP solid bushings (DIY) and you're done. The 122 is the GT3/GT3 RS Front Left or GT3 RS Right Rear.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Default Pics

Ok, ask requested, here are a few pics of the suspension work, the new cage and the car in general...

Quick Reply: ERP Suspension Bushings