Sponsored by:

GT3 Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006 | 07:55 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

carcam it doesn't sound like you need a GT3, just get a supercharger on the 997- similar horsepower and the wing is optional. and the suspension will see a lot more oversteer fun hijinks with another 80-100hp at the rear wheels...
Old 11-26-2006 | 03:13 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

carcam: It will be the turbo for you. does the gt3 have the wiring harness to support the non wing? I would think you will spend more money having to go to after market install. Porsche will not provide you with a GT3 with a different aero.
Old 11-27-2006 | 02:44 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blacksport350
Tarret engineering and some others make rear toe arms that delete the eccentric adjustment bolt and inboard rubber bushing found in the factory suspension link. The new toe arm has a conventional threaded adjustment so does not suffer from dirfting adjustment. Additionally, the inboard rubber bushing is replaced be a spherical bearing which does not deflect under load thus changing the toe. They make alignements in general and fine adjustment of toe so much easier. Installation is also simple and can be done on a garage floor with simple tools but an alignment will be required. Cost from Tarret is about $450 for the arms and another $75 or so for the "kit" that removes the factory eccentric bolt hardware but the kit is not required.
Just checked my service manual for the GT3. Two questions on removal of the stock piece and installation of the Tarrett replacement item.

1. The manual says "Press off ball joint on the wheel carrier using a commercially available ball joint extractor (tie rod extractor)." Do I need this tool, or is there another way to do it?

2. The manual refers to the same size bolts as Tarrett supplies with the toe link locking plate kit, and specifies torque at 56 ft. lb. to the wheel carrier and 74 ft. lb. to the cross member. Should I use the same torque values for the Tarrett parts?

3. Why is the "kit" that removes the factory eccentric bolt hardware not required? Is it advisable?

Quick Reply: GT3 Modifications