Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alcantara steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:06 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alcantara is also great for the street if you live in a hot place or have sweaty hands. The factory steering wheels are, for all practical purposes, plastic coated leather to make them last forever. Unfortunately, you wind up with essentially vinyl. Alcantara has much better tactile feel, although being a largely absorbent synthetic material, it can get funky. I've had reasonable luck cleaning it, however, with a wet microfiber towel. I think this is largely in-line with the cleaning instructions from Alcantara.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks for all the input. I guess my main concern is wear. Pretty much everything in the Porsche ages well, even with a lot of use. Alcantara on the steering wheel appears to be a high maintenance item, that will eventually look tacky or funky despite it. Grip has never been a problem for me with the standard wheel of the C4S, and the racing gloves I wear are psuede on the palms and finger tips.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:40 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All those wheels suck, imho. Diameter is too big. They're comfortable for a Sunday cruise, but boring in the twisties. Swap it with a plain-jane 350mm Momo Monte Carlo for $150 and you'll never look back.

Quick Reply: Alcantara steering wheel