Sponsored by:

997 GT3 Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:43 AM
khaug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997 GT3 Seats

Can anyone point me to a picture of the 997 GT3 seats we'll be getting in the USA? All of the pix in magazine articles appear to show the Club Sport carbon buckets which won't, apparently, be available here.

My concern is with the fitment of 5-point harnesses. Does anyone know if there are harness slots in the seatbacks/bottom cushions?

-Karl
Old 06-09-2006, 01:39 AM
XSpeedFreakX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go. The alcantra on the seats is kinda hard to see.

GT3 interior with sports seats
Old 06-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Rotgtdrei
Rennlist Member

Karl, you can expect the US version of the 997 GT3 seats to be identical to the current 997 Sport Seat option with the addition of the Alcantara center panels.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:25 AM
khaug
Instructor

Thanks to both. Looks like I may need to go with aftermarket seats, since I'll be installing 5-point harnesses.

-Karl
Old 06-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Andrew D.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

I currently have full leather in my '04 C4S. I'm ordering an '07 GT3. What exactly is the benefit, if any, of Alcantara? How will the seats wear? What about the steering wheel and shifter? Is Alcantara exclusive to the GT3? If so, is there value in not adding a lot of interior options? I'm planning on using my GT3 as a daily driver and for occasional track time. I'm sorry for all the questions but I want build the right options into the car. Any thoughts?
Old 06-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

this is the reputed NA version
Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2006, 07:22 PM
khaug
Instructor

Saw a 997 TT Wednesday that had lots of Alcantara in the interior. Functionally, the suede-like surface is grippier, and resists sliding around better than leather. I thought it looked great in the TT, but I haven't a clue about durability.

-Karl
Old 06-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
this is the reputed NA version

LOL!

btw, those OMP 997 GT3 seats go for about $5k, pretty outrageous + they're made in Italy, home of the "eventual express" order system.

In other news, Recaro has hired a new COO (John Seever) and will be making their own problems with availability and wait-lists a thing of the past. We'll see if Porsche re-signs with Recaro.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Mad Manx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Andrew D.
I currently have full leather in my '04 C4S. I'm ordering an '07 GT3. What exactly is the benefit, if any, of Alcantara? How will the seats wear? What about the steering wheel and shifter? Is Alcantara exclusive to the GT3? If so, is there value in not adding a lot of interior options? I'm planning on using my GT3 as a daily driver and for occasional track time. I'm sorry for all the questions but I want build the right options into the car. Any thoughts?
Alcantara provides far better 'grip' for the occupants and, IMO, looks more 'sporting' than full leather.

Also, it is more temperature neutral - it doesn't feel as hot in summer or as cold in winter when the car has been left standing.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mad Manx
Alcantara provides far better 'grip' for the occupants and, IMO, looks more 'sporting' than full leather.

Also, it is more temperature neutral - it doesn't feel as hot in summer or as cold in winter when the car has been left standing.
funny because I drove a friend's family owned Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 and I found the alcantra to heat up with my body to an uncomfortable level in the first five minutes...
Old 06-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Andrew D.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mad Manx

Thanks for your feedback! I'm going to go with the Alcantara.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Andrew D.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by khaug
Saw a 997 TT Wednesday that had lots of Alcantara in the interior. Functionally, the suede-like surface is grippier, and resists sliding around better than leather. I thought it looked great in the TT, but I haven't a clue about durability.

-Karl
I think it looks great, too. I'm going to go with the Alcantara. Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:09 PM
joolsbourne
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone know the exact reason why we can't have the Carrera GT seats?
They must be approved as the CGT has them fitted in the US!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:45 PM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 997 GT3 and GT3RS seats

Originally Posted by joolsbourne
According to the latest Car & Driver the 997 GT3RS will come with "bolt-in rollbar and lightweight seats with six-point belts". I assume these are the CGT seats. PAG and PCNA have opted to differentiate the RS and base version with a few special additions.

Here is a picture of the base GT3 with CGT in Alcantara.

Thanks.
Chet

Last edited by CME; 04-05-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Blacksport350
Pro

Originally Posted by joolsbourne
I am pretty sure that they have to be approved in the chassis in question. In other words, you would have to crash test the GT3 with both the CGT seat and the sport seat to make them both available. It simply doesn't factor in to the equation that the seats are already approved for the CGT.

This is why some suppliers of specialty models have included a box of parts in the trunk for "track only" fitment by the customer. This circumvents the red tape. So maybe they can fit the rollbar, harnesses and CGT seats in the trunk, right next to the lightweight body panels and lightweight glass.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Seats