Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New "race" tuning for GT3 owners from Revo Technik.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 05:16 PM
George@Revo Technik
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New "race" tuning for GT3 owners from Revo Technik.

Hello all. I just wanted to let you know, we will be releasing our 'race' file for the 996 GT3 shortly. If you are a club racer or a frequent DE participant, this new programming will be well suited to those driving scenarios. Like all Revo Technik programming, after your day is done, simply switch the program back to stock and drive home.
This tuning is based on and intended for 104 Octane fuel or better. If you are interested in purchasing our software, please contact your local Revo Technik dealer or visit www.revotechnik.com to find a dealer near you.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I can not make out the chart.. could you please post the a number chart..not the graph as above...stock vs. 104
do you change the 8200 rpm limiter?

that's 104 octane...not 94 or 100?
if you could email that would be great..
Old 05-09-2006, 05:41 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

George,

Are you a Rennlist sponsor?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:04 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJFabCab
George,

oops!
Old 05-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Laura
Pro

Yes, REVOTechnic sponsors the 997 board.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:18 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Can it run on 93 octane and if so, what will the hp numbers be?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:27 PM
George@Revo Technik
Former Vendor

George,

Yes we are. We're a banner advertiser as well as the 997 forum sponsor. Thank you for asking.

Originally Posted by Z06
I can not make out the chart.. could you please post the a number chart..not the graph as above...stock vs. 104
do you change the 8200 rpm limiter?
that's 104 octane...not 94 or 100?
I do not have the point by point data plot at the moment so I've posted a larger graph that may be easier to read. I've also posted a graph of the same carw with our standard 'Stage-1' file. That graph is ploted agains the stock car. The fuel used on this dyno is 104 octane. This car is running a stock exhaust and intake. The rev limiter has been left stock at this time.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

George,
We see alot of flywheel dynos but it's difficult to see what the gains are..the above charts show a stock car with 380 HP and the other chart shows it with 400 HP...we all believe the GT3 is at or above the 400 HP mark stock.. some rwhp results are 355-380...the higher number seems to come on cars with some miles when tested.

with a chassis dyno we can compare the gains to the general rwhp we have seen with the US cars posted on this forum.

I would think that if you could get them in the 390+rwhp, corrected range there would be something to look at.

How about a corrected chassis dyno graph..rwhp?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:49 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

George, those are good numbers...is that the SPS-2? Are you located in SLO?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:59 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by George@Revo Technik
Yes we are. We're a banner advertiser as well as the 997 forum sponsor. Thank you for asking.

I do not have the point by point data plot at the moment so I've posted a larger graph that may be easier to read. I've also posted a graph of the same carw with our standard 'Stage-1' file. That graph is ploted agains the stock car. The fuel used on this dyno is 104 octane. This car is running a stock exhaust and intake. The rev limiter has been left stock at this time.

George, I was just ribbin' ya... hence the " " in my post.

Z06 brings up some good questions regarding the stock car's numbers. Was 104 fuel used in both graphs? Why the difference in the gears between the 2 graphs (4th vs 3rd)?

BTW, I heard good things about your programs when I was in Tejas...
Old 05-09-2006, 09:05 PM
George@Revo Technik
Former Vendor

George, I was just ribbin' ya... hence the " " in my post.

Z06 brings up some good questions regarding the stock car's numbers. Was 104 fuel used in both graphs? Why the difference in the gears between the 2 graphs (4th vs 3rd)?

BTW, I heard good things about your programs when I was in Tejas...
No worries. I know you were... 104 Octane was not used in the 404 graph but the tuning between the two is completely different. As for the gear difference, I couldn't say why there is a discrepancy there. To be honest I didn't notice until you pointed it out.

Originally Posted by Z06
George,
We see alot of flywheel dynos but it's difficult to see what the gains are..the above charts show a stock car with 380 HP and the other chart shows it with 400 HP...we all believe the GT3 is at or above the 400 HP mark stock.. some rwhp results are 355-380...the higher number seems to come on cars with some miles when tested.

with a chassis dyno we can compare the gains to the general rwhp we have seen with the US cars posted on this forum.

I would think that if you could get them in the 390+rwhp, corrected range there would be something to look at.

How about a corrected chassis dyno graph..rwhp?
The 404hp chart is plotted against stock hp which you can see is on track for the factory HP rating of 383. The 422hp chart is plotted against the previous 404hp run. I suppose we could plot the 'race' file (422hp) against the stock run for a clearer comparison. As I'm sure you know, HP is merely a calculation of torque. The Dyno Dynamics Dyno we use can display corrected wheel horsepower but the default mode, the mode most D³ users implement, is flywheel horsepower, which incidentally is the figure Porsche quotes as well.

I'm sure you'll agree, particularly from a tuners standpoint, flywheel numbers have a certain marketability associated with them. If you calculate an industry standard 12.5% driveline loss , RWHP on the 'race' file is approximately 370 compared to a factory figure of approximately 333. D³ are considered to be amongst the most accurate in their results. They are an eddy current load base system and as such are not susceptible to inertial losses or gains associated with DynoJet or Mustang Dynos. As such, their results are comparatively low.

Dyno Dynamic’s dynos are not common here in the US and are far less prevalent than Mustang or Dynojet systems. More than likely, your 392rwhp example was cited using either a Dynojet or Mustang dyno. Considering Porsches factory rating of 380ish HP (flywheel), your 392rwhp would mean the stock car made about 440hp at the flywheel, a very optimistic result even for the best 'Monday' car. I’m not saying there haven’t been dynos showing those numbers, just that the disparity here can easily be attributed to different types of dynos.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:13 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Hello all. I just wanted to let you know, we will be releasing our 'race' file for the 996 GT3 shortly. If you are a club racer or a frequent DE participant, this new programming will be well suited to those driving scenarios.
You can't change the ECU programming and remain in a stock class fro PCA club racing.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:09 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello all. I just wanted to let you know, we will be releasing our 'race' file for the 996 GT3 shortly. If you are a club racer or a frequent DE participant, this new programming will be well suited to those driving scenarios. Like all Revo Technik programming, after your day is done, simply switch the program back to stock and drive home.
This tuning is based on and intended for 104 Octane fuel or better. If you are interested in purchasing our software, please contact your local Revo Technik dealer or visit www.revotechnik.com to find a dealer near you.

George,

It's possible to have three maps? I mean stock (for trips to the dealer), modified (the 404Hp one) and race (for race gas track adventures)?

When is Spencer at F-L getting the new maps?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2006, 04:22 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

If I take my car to Porsche at Weissach, they take the engione out of the car and put it on an engine brake?
Why can't all tuners do this? Everything else is wonderland!

R+C
Old 05-10-2006, 04:42 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
If I take my car to Porsche at Weissach, they take the engione out of the car and put it on an engine brake?
Why can't all tuners do this? Everything else is wonderland!

R+C
Well, it is no easy task to strap a motronic engine on a engine dyno and make it work. The main four letter US software tuner does not know either and the exorbitant powerclaims look soooooooooo much more impressive on chassis dynos used by tuner's sales departments.

Now, for the last time, by law , in Germany, a engine has to be within +/- 3 % of its advertised hp rating ,if not, it goes right back to assembly until it is within the specified range.

That is a fact not fiction and claims of 20,30 or 40 hp over advertised power figures are just dreams.

Quick Reply: New "race" tuning for GT3 owners from Revo Technik.