Sponsored by:

GT3 Seat Fire Extinguisher Mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 02:53 AM
HooliganX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question GT3 Seat Fire Extinguisher Mount

I have the euro GT3 seats and was recommended the Brey-Krause fire extinguisher mount to use with them.

My problem is, after reading through Brey-Krause's web site, I can't figure out which model mount is the one to get. I also searched BK's distributors web sites and searched these forums.

My question is, can anyone tell me the part numbers of the mount I will need?

Even better, the whole package, bracket, mount, 2.5 lbs 10BC extinguisher.

Help please! This is driving me nuts!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Shrews
Instructor

Contact Viper Bob. He'll hook U up!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:39 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Hi Jon,

It is a little confusing. While good products, the BK folks are not the best at marketing and retail. If you can send me an email, I can give the information you need.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:36 PM
HooliganX
Racer

Originally Posted by viperbob
Hi Jon,

It is a little confusing. While good products, the BK folks are not the best at marketing and retail. If you can send me an email, I can give the information you need.
Thanks Bob I will send the email ASAP.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

I prefer this approach. Easier to reach in an emergency & passengers won't be stepping on it.

Old 04-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Is that the DAS Sport bar? Who makes that FE mount?
Old 04-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

It's the TE bar.

I listed the components in another thread, basically Pro-Werks clamps http://www.pro-werks.com/detail.php?name=BAR+MOUNT and Safecraft bracket http://www.safecraft.com/product_pag...uctSubCatID=11
Old 04-12-2006, 07:40 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

bk r2030 with bk r9030 (sub-belt mount)
Old 12-29-2006, 03:57 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

we also have this available now:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=11
Old 12-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The factory 997 has a fire-ex mount under the front of the seat. Given the seat mounts are the same, it might work in the 996 too.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:01 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forget the Brey-Krause (rattles like crazy)...you will need a different sub mount bar if you have the stock ones...if you need the whole setup including fe go with SharkWerks kit, which will have everytning you need and is well priced..
Old 12-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
forget the Brey-Krause (rattles like crazy)...you will need a different sub mount bar if you have the stock ones...if you need the whole setup including fe go with SharkWerks kit, which will have everytning you need and is well priced..
Which bit rattles?
Empty, it rattles if you don't tie it down (which is necessary to protect the legs of your gorgeous, leggy supermodel passenger.) But not with the bottle in place and who can hear a rattle in a GT3? Maybe you're hearing the clutch or the LSD ... : ) ... anyway, no, it shouldn't rattle. I just don't think any of them are the best of locations (especially not the idea of mounting it on the roll bar next to your head ...)
There's something irrational about the idea of planning on fighting back the flames while you're still belted in. ie. plan on getting out.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:17 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Carrera GT, we messed around with locations and solutions and just tried it in a few different track cars over a year or so and although I personally life to be able to reach it with my right hand down to the passenger seat some folks liked it better on the driver's side so we made it easy for both. I like it _away_ from the roll bar so that it's in no way a "projectile" etc... although some people do mount them on their roll bars.

You advice is good in terms of fire... Don't be a "hero" but let's say you are stuck and you can use it to by some time
Old 12-30-2006, 01:27 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I just don't think any of them are the best of locations (especially not the idea of mounting it on the roll bar next to your head ...)
There's something irrational about the idea of planning on fighting back the flames while you're still belted in. ie. plan on getting out.
Anything goes in an accident... and I'd rather have a handy Halon at hand than be flying around naked.

If there's a fire at hand, the first priority is to get the F out... I don't think anyone's planning on fighting flames while remaining belted.

However, when your motor lights up, you're going to have to pop out anyway, and it only takes 2 seconds to quick release the extinguisher to put out a small engine or other fire. Otherwise, you're a sitting duck until the crew arrives.

RE Holger's mount, I think you may be seeing his I/O port camera mount. His extinguisher is nowhere near head level IMO. I find the roll bar mount difficult to reach and then there's the potential projectile issue as stated.

Cheers
Old 12-30-2006, 11:28 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Which bit rattles?
Empty, it rattles if you don't tie it down (which is necessary to protect the legs of your gorgeous, leggy supermodel passenger.) But not with the bottle in place and who can hear a rattle in a GT3? Maybe you're hearing the clutch or the LSD ... : ) ... anyway, no, it shouldn't rattle. I just don't think any of them are the best of locations (especially not the idea of mounting it on the roll bar next to your head ...)
If you're still belted in, it doesn't matter where the location is cause you'll never be able to reach it. When I'm belted in, I can't even reach the radio so imagine passenger side.

Either way, do like RJFabCab says and get the F out.

Quick Reply: GT3 Seat Fire Extinguisher Mount