Sponsored by:

Tequipment Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Tequipment Roll Bar

Anyone know if it meets POC and PCA requirements for Time Trials???
Old 04-03-2006, 09:17 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Forgot to mention in your other threads, but you might want to post over in the Racing/DE forum. There are some hardcore track junkies over there that will be able to help as well.
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/
Old 04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't confuse the Tequipment piece with a rollbar. It is not. It makes a nice ornamental statement in the cockpit, and with the cross brace it is handy for holding your shoulder harnesses. Improved, Prepared and V classes need a real roll bar. This is from POC "An approved roll bar is mandatory for cars running in classes: KS, LS, MS and NS for Time Trial and highly recommended for Slalom/Short Track" You are in MS so yes you will need a rollbar. I would recommend a DAS Sport as they bolt in and out pretty easy.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:51 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

livenube you got pm
Old 04-04-2006, 01:04 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ViperBob,
Do you know if the POC and PCA specifications are the same? I know, I can rtfm, but I was wondering if you happened to know off the top of your head.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:15 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

PCA follows regional rules for the different Zones. Most though follow SCCA rules in this area. The Porsche bar is made of Stainless steel. This is not the proper thickness required to meet the rules in these areas. The Tequipment bar looks nice, and holds harnesses for DEs. If you are getting into competition TT or POC you will want a real roll bar for safety anyway. I know Tony C. at TC Design has also made a bunch of these and installed them. Tony does great fab work. Maybe John can tell us if he is just selling these.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by viperbob
Don't confuse the Tequipment piece with a rollbar. It is not. It makes a nice ornamental statement in the cockpit, and with the cross brace it is handy for holding your shoulder harnesses.
Bob, is there other safety equipment from the factory that is "ornamental"? Do you know of any failures of the Tequipment bars?
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Hi Holger. The other Porsche stuff in the cockpit including the GT3 seats and the substrap bars are top notch. No issues with these at all. I have fortunately not seen anyone have a rollover with a Tequipment bar. If you have ever installed one and had to rebend it as they are easy to bend in shipping you will know that they will not stand up under a load most of us don't want to think about.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:10 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one for sale, if interested PM me.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:45 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
Anyone know if it meets POC and PCA requirements for Time Trials???
mine passes tech for PCA TTs in my region. i agree with biper bob that it is ornamental but it is still a step above over a plain harness bar and a step below a true roll bar DAS/safety devices. consider it as a harness bar with added protection. a hoop with 1 diagonal has got to better than nothing at all.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:49 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

GGR interprets rules as they see fit. Strangest club I have ever attended. Suffice to say there is no way to test the thickness of the bar unless you drilled a hole, and if you did it is too thin. But those tech guys seemed more interested in finding my Snell rating on my brand new Sparco helmet, and then just slapped a sticker on my roll bar without even looking at it.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:53 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by viperbob
GGR interprets rules as they see fit. Strangest club I have ever attended. Suffice to say there is no way to test the thickness of the bar unless you drilled a hole, and if you did it is too thin. But those tech guys seemed more interested in finding my Snell rating on my brand new Sparco helmet, and then just slapped a sticker on my roll bar without even looking at it.
LOL, i guess they are no worse than NASA... at least for HDPE
Old 04-04-2006, 06:13 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't agree that the TE rollbar is ornamental. Porsche, by selling it is providing certain warranties for safety fitness. They would open themselves up to huge lawsuits if it failed in a rollover....so it is a safety feature that I would rather have than have not. If you race, you should have a cage anyways, imo...For DE's the TE is fine....
Old 04-04-2006, 07:20 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockitman
I don't agree that the TE rollbar is ornamental. Porsche, by selling it is providing certain warranties for safety fitness. They would open themselves up to huge lawsuits if it failed in a rollover....so it is a safety feature that I would rather have than have not. If you race, you should have a cage anyways, imo...For DE's the TE is fine....
my concern with it is that it is only held on by four bolts. i AM saying it IS safer than just a harness bar but not as safe as a roll bar that has better/proper mounting.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Have to agree with rockit on this one. Why in the world would PAG market it as a "rollbar" if it wasn't engineered to withstand a "roll". Confused on this one since I am getting the impression that a roll in a DE is less than a roll in a competition? Don't see how that can be stated. Just looking for a little clarification since I will be installing this very item when I pick up my GT3 in a few months.

Quick Reply: Tequipment Roll Bar