Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcars International Info & GT2 Purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Z06 convert
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcars International Info & GT2 Purchase?

Hi Gang!

Anyone had dealings with Motorcars International in Springfield MO.? I've search on this site and no real comments on good or bad experiences. (That might be good

I plan to have a PPI any suggestions where? Also, I will fly out to see the car B/4 concluding the deal.

Also, what items shoudl I include in the purchase agreement.

Please e-mail or call me direct toll free 866-333-9733

Anyhelp would be appreciated. Steve
Old 01-10-2006, 11:55 AM
LastGT3
Racer

Hi - that's big money on a non Porsche dealer - I suggest you eye ball it first. See the latest Porshe dealer check (ie dealer inspection). Then if that's good, get a copy of their purchase agreement. Then leave.
If you have a good lawyer, spend the dough for a read through, just in case things go sour, you know exactly where stand. I would also do a Dunn ^Bradstreet on these guys to see about their credit status in case you have to chase. You asked.
That's what I'd do.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Z06 convert
Instructor

Last GT3, Thanks for the info.

Anyone else? Steve
Old 01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Check the Seal Grey on ebay. It has been tuned for ASP Solo2, and it won both the SCCA National ProSolo and SCCA National Solo2 on 2005.

The car has been seriously upgraded. I doubt there is a better GT2 in US for competition purpose. It only needs a cage for track days.

The GT2 can be a killer car on PCA Club Racing - B class.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:22 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was down in Springfield last year and called Motorcars Int. and got directions. Arrived at around 1pm on business day. I was met @ the front door by a man who wouldn't let me in. I told him that I was down from St. Louis and that I was interested in Porsches. He told me that they didn't have any (contradictary from their website) and they were closed. He then closed and locked the door.

That's my experience with them.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:59 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

NJ-GT,

He has already seen that car and passed. Nice mods though!

Z06,

I thought you were set on black? Nice to get a car with so few miles though! You might want to call Fabryce of GMG in Santa Ana. They have a customer with a low milage black GT2 (at LA Auto show at their booth), maybe that car would suit you. It would be nice to find something close by.

I have not done business with MI, but have heard good things about them. I do have one friend who did a trade with them (his 993 TT plus $ for a Ferrari) a few years back and the deal went smoothly.

I loved the Yellow Ruf Turbo on their site as well!

Good luck in your search.

JCM
Old 01-11-2006, 10:30 AM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,143 Likes on 610 Posts

i sold them a F355 8 years ago and they sent a guy with a check and a truck no problem. I also had a 993tt that came from them and a buddy bought and sold them 6 or 7 cars over a 2 year period with no problems. Keep in mind this was a long time ago 7+ years and i think ebay has really hurt them. if i remember correctly the owners name was Bob Cann, they used to be a big advertiser in the classifieds in autoweek kind of low profile now. carl
Old 01-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Z06 convert
Instructor

Thanks for the nice comments on my 996TT FOR SALE. I am starting to get calls on the car. Hope to have is sold in the next two or three weeks. Someone will get a very nice car.

I have received positive feedback on Motorcars International. The GT2 is getting it's PPI today or tomorrow. If all goes well should have the car next week.

Thanks Again Steve
Old 01-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Z06 convert
Instructor

Hi Gang!

WOW! Took delivery of the GT2. It was everything Motorcars International represented. 563 miles and all. Deal went very smooth. Thanks everyone for you imput on MI.
Quick oil change at Libcomb's Porsche. Left Springfield MO on Tuesday at 4:00 and arrived in Calif at 2:00 Thursday. 40 is one looooooooong road! Took a side trip through Prescott AZ. The GT2 is quite a machine. The difference between my 996TT and the GT2 is night and day. The GT3 handles very similiar to the GT3 only with more low end torque. Reminds me of the 69E and 73T I owned. Steering feels very light which makes the car feel more nimble and actually smaller. Hard to discribe. All this with the stock suspension.

It will be realigned and corner weighted in a week or two. K58's are being widened, 710's are ordered and in a couple weeks a new learning curve begins. Plan to take this one slooooooow.

This may be the last Porsche I buy

Now "HONEY" about that new garage?

Thanks again! Steve
Old 01-21-2006, 01:34 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Congrats

Steve,

You going to Crystal Cove in the morning? If so lets hook up and arrive in GT2's! I told you it was the $#!^. Enjoy and if you have any questions I am only few miles away. I will pm you my number.

I have done exhaust, GIAC controller, Motons, roll bar, etc. I can point you in the right direction on getting your car set up locally as well, if you are interested.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Pete C
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 67 Posts

I had a great purchasing experience when I bought my 993 Turbo from them
back in 2000. The car was perfectly prepared when delivered to me, which
I bought sight unseen. I dealt with Randy Maddison who was extremely
curtious and professional.

Best of luck
Old 01-21-2006, 01:15 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,

Pics please. Congrats. We have a guy here in Seattle with a GT2 that is at the track often. It is a great very fast car. His lap times are amazing. It will be fun to hear your feedback after your first day at the track.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Z06 convert
Instructor

Thanks everyone!

I'll have some Pic's soon. Will be getting cought up with work this week. Would be great to meet up at CC next Saturday as I have never been. (unbelievable for a car guy!)

See you then

Have Fun! Steve
Old 01-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Z06 convert
Instructor

Originally Posted by supercup
Steve,

You going to Crystal Cove in the morning? If so lets hook up and arrive in GT2's! I told you it was the $#!^. Enjoy and if you have any questions I am only few miles away. I will pm you my number.

I have done exhaust, GIAC controller, Motons, roll bar, etc. I can point you in the right direction on getting your car set up locally as well, if you are interested.
Your sounds nice! Done any track or Auto-X with it?

How about this weekend? Early should be good for me on Sat. Would like to meet up with some other owners with GT2's. I was told the GIAC in the stock position is not detectable. Have you had it to the dealer. I have GT3 seats and a DAS roll bar I would like to put in the car and I'm debating between Kineses K58's and F110's. I have a set of each but one must go with the Turbo when I seel it.

Also, any thought on how 100 cell cats would sound with the stock exhaust. I have the Evo 2 but it's to loud for every day use. IMHO.

Have Fun! Steve

Quick Reply: Motorcars International Info & GT2 Purchase?