Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valentine One Hidden Mounting

Old 12-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Z06Kevin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valentine One Hidden Mounting

How can one mount the Valentine One such that it's hidden?

Anyone have pics of both the unit and the remote display unit?

Here's my thoughts - if a cop does pull me over, I am getting a ticket if he sees the system. How can I set it up so that it's hard to see from out side the vehicle?

anyone with photos?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:10 AM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I have looked a bit too.....but I cannot find a decent place to hide it. In my M3, I used the 3rd brakelight housing to mount it. Worked like a charm and it was 100% concealed.

On the GT3, there just isnt a good place for it. i clip mine to the drivers visor. It is VERY hard to see from the outside of the car.....and you would reallyhave to stoop low and look "up" to see it. That is about the best place I could find.... let me know if you figure something better out.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:30 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have doubts that a cop could see the detector from distance, so why bother to hide it. I keep it within arm's reach on the windshild where it gets optimum vision in either direction. If I get hit and they come after me, I simply lift it off the glass, pull the charger cord from the aux. plug, and either drop if behind the seat where there's always a coat, towel, etc., or put in the center console of my MBZ. You do this the minute you see them start moving, and with minimum body motion so as to not alarm them. Same thing if a cruiser passes from behind....
Old 12-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Vader13
Advanced

In Ca it's perfectly legal.
I am mounting mine next week.
The V1 needs to be in a spot where it can clearly get signals.
So it needs to be mounted where you can see it.
The best thing to do is have the concealed display low and away from any easy viewing from the windows.
The point for that is so when the V1 gets hit, the arrows don't flash where a cop behind you can see them.
My V1 will be hardwired to the car.
The V1 will be suctioned to the windshield.
The display will be concealed right below the CD holder in the little storage compartment. (Basically right above the shifter)
Now it is legal in CA, but you don't need to be a dead giveaway with a flashing V1 and a power cord from the cig lighter adapter.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Vader13, please post some photos when you are done.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Vader13
Advanced

Will do, I just ordered a new wiring kit, when I traded in my C32 I could not frantically get it out..lol
https://store.valentine1.com/store/
Old 12-20-2005, 06:14 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Z06Kevin, your solution is to get a Cup Car like JR's... then you can slap the V-1 anywhere on the windshield and the fuzz won't be able to see it due to that sweet wing in the back.

Since the receivers are within the V-1 unit, you need to mount it where it has a clear view of the road ahead and behind. Hardwire the V-1 from the headliner and mount the detector just under your rearview mirror. Mount the remote display in the center cubby... all lights will be routed to the remote display and the main unit will always stay black.

I do not recommend mounting the remote display on the steering column or in other somewhat hard to reach places since you will frequently need to hit the mute button on the remote unit. When it beeps in the center cubby, you just slide your finger over off the shifter and it's muted.

Some pics in my C2. The install should be the same in the GT3.
Attached Images   
Old 12-20-2005, 06:20 PM
vvvince Knauf
Cruisin'

Our GT3 has a Valentine mounted to the right and behind the windshield mirror. I can't see it from the drivers seat. It is not obtrusive from the passanger seat.

A Valentine remote display is behind a smoke colored plastic panel in the spot where the 4-way flashers were. Easy to see.

The 4 way flashers switch function is moved to the top left switch spot to the left of the HVAC panel.
Very Trick.
Mounting done my La Jolla Audio, who has mounted Valentines in all my cars.

vvvince Knauf
San Diego
Old 12-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Vader13
Advanced

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about!!!!!

Old 12-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Except I did the center console delete!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Hans GT3
Track Day

Contact Bob Varela @ Foreign Affairs Motorsports. They did a nice job with my display flush mounted on the blank plate just below the shelf on the center console.

Good luck,

Hans
Old 12-20-2005, 09:19 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 874 Likes on 531 Posts

I've got the remote display right on top of the steering column where it's easy to see and doesn't block any important lights. Used to have it under the dash where the console used to be but it was harder to see- where it is now you can see the lights out of the corner of your eye without looking from the road. The main unit is to the right of the mirror up high and reasonably stealth...
Old 12-20-2005, 09:25 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
I've got the remote display right on top of the steering column where it's easy to see and doesn't block any important lights. Used to have it under the dash where the console used to be but it was harder to see- where it is now you can see the lights out of the corner of your eye without looking from the road. The main unit is to the right of the mirror up high and reasonably stealth...
I agree that visualization is better where you have it, but you have to reach through the steering wheel to hit the mute button.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

Cheers
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 PM
eab3@bellsouth.net
Instructor

Default Z06Kevin

If a cop pulls you over at warp drive, whatever you have in your car doesn't make any difference.

If you were close to the limit then you got pulled over it's because of what you were driving. You'll either not get a ticket because the cop thought your car was cool, or get a ticket because the cop is jealous.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Holy 6 year old thread Batman!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Valentine One Hidden Mounting