Sponsored by:

Recent mods to my GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 06:07 AM
Shane O'Neill
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weng
I dont notice a flat spot at that engine speed.
The engine pulls cleanly to 3000rpm and then just takes off upto 8200rpm.
Shane
Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Weng
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Which kit is this ?
The kit which has the components you describe above is rated at 394hp on the C/G website
TB993tt, go to the www.cargraphic.de website. It's kit #2 under the list of 996GT3 Mk2 performance kits.

Shane, must be something quirky with my set. The flat spot is very minor indeed but definitely noticeable when lugging along. Not noticeable however when I'm gunning hard through the gears.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:53 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Weng
TB993tt, go to the www.cargraphic.de website. It's kit #2 under the list of 996GT3 Mk2 performance kits.
Got it. I was looking at the MK1 doh...
Old 10-12-2005, 12:49 PM
JustinTay
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Weng
Blew a wad of cash recently to give the GT3 a mid-life makeover. In addition to a new paint job and windshield, I went with the following performance mods :

- LWFW/clutch
- Cargraphic 411hp tuning kit (ECU, headers, cats, r-exhaust)
- Cargraphic race/sport street suspension (used in the Tuner GP car)

In 2 words : #!$%ing awesome!! The sound is fantastic and the tuning kit/LWFW combination makes the car a whole lot punchier (not that the stock car is slow by any means). Seat of the pants feel, the horses are for real. The suspension (modified to Cargraphic specs by Bilstein) feels wonderful and rides no harsher than stock. Can't wait to track the car 2 weekends from now. Got a brand new set of Michelin slicks waiting at the track for me too.
Hey Weng,

not sure if you remember me...was up in Sepang with you along with the BMW club...months back...i was driving my M3 back then...just got my GT3 a few months back..Heard lots of stuff abt ur GT3 from Arj you joining the porsche club guys this coming 15th?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinTay
Hey Weng,

not sure if you remember me...was up in Sepang with you along with the BMW club...months back...i was driving my M3 back then...just got my GT3 a few months back..Heard lots of stuff abt ur GT3 from Arj you joining the porsche club guys this coming 15th?

Justin,

are you the one with the white GT3? with a rather loud exhust?

-f
Old 10-12-2005, 03:10 PM
JustinTay
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fongster
Justin,

are you the one with the white GT3? with a rather loud exhust?

-f
Hi Fong,

i see im rather famous already for the loud exhaust...yes im guilty of being a public nuisance on the roads

took them off already though..currently using the cargraphic exhaust e same ones as Arj..

im guessing you're from spore as well?? you are?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JustinTay
Hi Fong,

i see im rather famous already for the loud exhaust...yes im guilty of being a public nuisance on the roads

took them off already though..currently using the cargraphic exhaust e same ones as Arj..

im guessing you're from spore as well?? you are?
I am from Singapore, but there only a few months a year..

enjoy ur car...
Old 10-21-2005, 04:35 AM
Weng
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track report

Mods are awesome on track. LWF/clutch kit combined with ECU and exhaust mods makes the car punchier under full throttle resulting in roughly +5km/h vs stock down the main straight at Sepang (topping out at over 240km/h). This I'm sure contributed in part to the 3 sec lap time improvement over my last timed session there(also with full slicks but on the stock suspension) but the biggest gain has definitely got to do with the Cargraphic race/sport street suspension which copes with the full slicks set up a whole lot better than the stock setup. I believe that I have another 2-3 secs to shave off the lap time as I learn how to drive with the slicks in time - trying to tell my brain and rear end to allow for a bit more speed through the bends (stop watching the speedo and just drive the damned car!!!).

I can't sing enough praise about the Cargraphic suspension. It's definitely a lot firmer than stock but the highway blast up to the track was definitely bearable - nowhere near as crashy as the PSS9 can be when dialled up. On track it was absolutely confidence inspiring, with both street and slick tires. What I was a bit surprised to find out was that its combination type setup with H&R coils and unadjustable (but heavily modified) Bilstein shocks. Anyone aware of other tuners who have been heading down this direction? I'm definitely not surprised now that the Cargraphic RS car won the Tuner GP earlier this this year with this suspension.

Next mod now would be proper GT3 buckets to keep me from moving around so much in the seat.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Weng

glad to see it turned out well..

enjoy..

highly recommend the GT3 seat and a rollbar

Quick Reply: Recent mods to my GT3