MPSC 295/30/18 separating?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 09:05 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
I have seen that in all my MPSC tires. They dont seem to effect the tire at all. It appears to be cosmetic.
It looks like more than that to me... check out the first pic... the edge looks like it's peeling and there's some chunking.

Undesirable tire characteristics at 95 mph in the middle of a left hand sweeper!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:20 AM
brucegre
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike K.
We should probably avoid buying matching stuff for our cars. We don't seem to have a good track record!
Mike
At least on the critical failure bits. Wheels, tires - let's hope nothing else lets go. So who should follow who as we wait for things to break?

Bruce
Old 08-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Translog
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Mke,

Had something simmilar but less evident on a relatively new set of Dunlod SP R componds, it would be interesting to see what they say. By the way are you taking a few days off of DEW's. I will be up again at Bob's day the 19th of Sept are you heading up?

Pierre
Old 08-27-2005, 12:47 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Mike K
What is the mfg. date on your tires? (week and year) Might be helpful to see if other have same defect. I've seen this on other R tires usually at the end of their tread life.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

JJayB - I posted all I could find on the tires earlier in the thread. If there is somewhere else I can look, please let me know.
Pierre - Yes taking a weekend off ( August was a little slow) but Sept. looks very busy. Bob's days are a gas. Usually the best track days of the year for me . Hope we get the weather.
Bruce - just ordered a set of " Very Pink" headlight covers and mirrors.
I'll follow.
Cosmos- as RJ said I think it is more than cosmetic. My tire has about 3/8" of cord showing and anybody that saw the tires said that they did not look safe to run. I'm on my 9th set this year and have never seen this before.
Still really like the tires, just want to know what caused this to happen.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Welcome to the club Bruce!

Just left Unicorn and they found the same cut on your left rear tire. Barry has already called Touchette. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the experts have to say. Your tires look almost new? I'm going to see if I can walk the track at noon tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Wow - all of us have the cut. Iwonder about Keith he replaced his tires at the same time. Probably the same lot. Bruce, are you coming on the 19th or are you recovering from a race?
Old 09-01-2005, 11:01 PM
brucegre
Banned

Mike, that left rear had three days at the very most on it. I sure hope Michelin will come clean for all of us. I love the tire, but if I'm going to do 230 down the back straight, I'd like to have some confidence that the tires won't explode on me. Might have to go back to Corsas.

Bob, I can't make the 19th, I'm at the DE 13-14-15, then at Mosport racing 16-17-18, I think I'll be crashing all day on the 19th.

See you guys in a week.

Bruce

New tag compliments of Barry Gingrich and Big Belly Racing: STFUAD

Quick Reply: MPSC 295/30/18 separating?