Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kinesis Wheel return for inspection ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:28 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kinesis Wheel return for inspection ?

anyone get contacted to send their GT3 rears back to Kinesis so they can inspect the wheel center bolts that affix it to the rim ?

I just pulled my wheels and all 40 nuts and bolts are there. I guess I still need to return them. Has anyone done so ? What was the report ? Thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend just lost 8~9 bolts off one of his rears, and 2 off another. They just popped. Kinesis took the wheels back, replaced one of the rim sections, and all the bolts on 2 sets of his wheels under warranty. He mentioned something about defective bolts, but I could ask him if you need more info.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I just sent mine back (K-28).

BruceGre of this board had his rear wheel deflate on the highway after 11 bolts broke. Rocketman I can forward you the letter you will receive if you P.M. me your email. They DO NOT want you using the rears on the track until they inspect ( meaning dis-assemble). They said they have not had any catastrophic failures yet.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:49 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Rocketman,

I talked to Stacey at Kinesis about the recall and in a nutshell they want all wide outer lip ie rears off of a GT3 to be returned so they can inspect, replace bolts, and ? machine a lip where the bolts go to prevent this from happening. I did not have any broken bolts, K58's, I do not Track just AutoX, but mine were sent in last week for the recall. I would call Stacey and talk to her as she has all the information you need. I purchased my wheels direct from Kinesis, if you got from an outside supplier and did not register the wheels then you might not get the certified letter for the recall.

Peter

Quick Reply: Kinesis Wheel return for inspection ?