Sponsored by:

GT3 Rennschule BW 7/13/05 pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 02:10 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up GT3 Rennschule BW 7/13/05 pics

Geeeeeeeeeeez it was hot, but a great day none the less...here is a link to some photos for those who couldn't make it...Craig Stanton is awesome! Sure showed me what a street tire shod GT3 can do on a race track. John Mefford is a great instructor and is exceptionally good at relating complex car control physics to mere mortals ....enjoy the pics...

http://www.vsecobra.com/buttonwillow...ule/index.html
Old 07-14-2005, 02:52 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

who's m3 was that.
is that mr. soldat? (can't recall his first name, i worked with his father).
Old 07-14-2005, 03:07 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Mooty...you should have been there...not enough white GT3's to suit me (only mine). I only have the first names and you only have the last name. That is a sweet M3. I'll find out the last name from Philip...
Old 07-14-2005, 03:15 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

i would have been there if work schedule premitted ;-(

if that's soldat, he is thinking of getting into a 997 GT3 soon!
Old 07-14-2005, 03:38 AM
emmros
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics. I was thinking about getting into the whole track thing,...but have always been intimidated. Seems really exciting though. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:23 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Emmros, don't let that stop you. Just find a good, professional event like the ones Hooked on Driving puts on. Their whole purpose is to remove any intimidation from your first track experience. Just be honest about your experience level and ask for an instructor (no charge). If you don't let ego get in the way you will have one of the greatest experiences of your life and you will do it safely without any intimidation. The only risk is you might become a tract ***** like the rest of us. Go for it dude!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:50 PM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Great photos. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get out there next time. Emmros, my understanding is that this event was for those of us who don't have a bunch of experience at the track. I couldn't attend this one because of work, but there is another one being scheduled for a little later in the year. Try to make it to that one.

Trending Topics

Old 07-14-2005, 05:25 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 528 Likes on 349 Posts

Nice pics Chuck.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:59 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

thanks, Justin...credit goes to Stephen Sidman of Internet Media Studio....wish I had the contents of your garage!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:13 PM
vegasgolf98
Racer

Yes, it was Robert Soldat's beautiful, tricked-up M3. Thanks for sharing those pictures-Chuck and Stephen.

Stay tuned for another fun event in the cooler fall. Thanks for all those who attended and made the event so special. We had a great group of guys and there was consistent progress made over the two days. Craig and John were very, very proud of all of you. You took the Rennnschule motto of Smooth, Consistent and FAST - and made it happen. I pity the competiton running against you guys now.

I really believe that all of you became not only quicker, but much safer drivers in the process and that was the goal. Keep on working on those fundementals as they are the building blocks of speed and refer to the Rennschule pamphlet and chalk talk notes before track days as reminders of the skills learned. Bob and I will work hard on developing a 202 level course to build on these skills and take it further. Once again, many thanks to all.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:58 AM
emmros
Instructor

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Emmros, don't let that stop you. Just find a good, professional event like the ones Hooked on Driving puts on. Their whole purpose is to remove any intimidation from your first track experience. Just be honest about your experience level and ask for an instructor (no charge). If you don't let ego get in the way you will have one of the greatest experiences of your life and you will do it safely without any intimidation. The only risk is you might become a tract ***** like the rest of us. Go for it dude!
Chuck..and Chris...Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'll keep my eyes out for the next event. LOL....Sounds fun to be a "track *****"..
Old 07-17-2005, 05:31 AM
02Mcoupe
4th Gear

Nice!! How did the M3 do on the track versus those beautiful GT3's? I am salivating at the pics right now.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:56 PM
vegasgolf98
Racer

This was a teaching event and laps were conducted at 8/10's. So, there is no real way to tell. Robet's M3 is all tricked up to hell, so it also does not compare to a stock M3 at all. He really has it set up nice.

I will say that BW is a great track for a Boxster S because the track builds speed slowly which is flat out for the Boxster, but much less for the GT's. We used the sweeper and those that got used to trail braking vs. threshold could also pick up some car lengths. The Boxster S could take the Bus Stop flat out, but I don't think that was the case for the GT's or M3.

BW is just a fantastic learning track especially in configuration #13, I can't wait to try it next time in the GT3. The fastest car was Christian's 933 modified Turbo at 540 HP. The thing sounded like an aircraft taking off. Needs some suspension work though to get through the turns quicker.

BW in config #13 is a nice balance between and handling track, braking track and a speed track. I was also amazed by how much grip the track had when the temps were over 105*.

Quick Reply: GT3 Rennschule BW 7/13/05 pics