Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for the people on this board (sub belt mount)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 05:58 PM
bruinbro
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the people on this board (sub belt mount)

Where do you mount the anti-sub belts? I've got a TeamTech 6-point harness with Sparco Evo2 seats and Brey Krause seat mounts and sub bars in my Boxster. The issue is do I use the sub bars and drop the sub belts through the slot in the seat (in effect making it a 5-point harness) or do I route the sub belts back through the lap belt holes in the seat and attach the ends to the lap belt mounts? SCCA is ambivalent, PCA and POC don't say much and the various forums are split. BK says use the sub bar (of course), Sparco hasn't replied to me yet, and TeamTech says to use the latter method. I figure the GT3 track cars are somewhat close to the basic configuration of what I have and I would be interested in what is used in these cars.

Thanks in advance for any insight/help,

Bruinbro
Old 07-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

With the Porsche supplied seats and Scroth harness and sub bars, the anti submarine straps go through the slot in the seat and are looped and "D" ringed to the sub bars. The two straps are separated leaving room for "the boys" in case of need.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:48 AM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruin-
your sub belts need to come back under the seat via the correct sub belt port. As mentioned above, use D rings, basically buckles like you use on your shoulder belts where you wrap them around the Boxster's existing cross bar for it's roll bar. Of course everyone (scrutineering) prefers it if you drill through the car and use eyebolts and tack welded washers. Anyway, give a call if you need more info or D rings. We stock the hardware, the technical assistance is gratis.

Austin

Quick Reply: Question for the people on this board (sub belt mount)