Sponsored by:

First track event--Shenandoah Circuit at Summit Point

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Default First track event--Shenandoah Circuit at Summit Point

On Friday-Sunday I did my first track event in a car at Shenandoah, a new Circuit at Summit Point, WV, with the Riesentöter PCA. The track layout has been modified from what it was last Fall (and what you see on the web site) to straighten some of the tighter bits coming out of the dogleg. Some of the barriers have been moved back to provide more runoff. What is left is a technical track, but much more open than the Jefferson Circuit. I loved it, especially what I was told is a replica of the Karussell at the Nurburgring and the several turns that follow it (running anti-clockwise).

The event was professionally managed and my Green run group was friendly off the track and courteous on the track. The instruction was really excellent. My instructor also has a GT3 and was very good at helping me know where to be for each turn and how to get the car to be there.

The GT3, though, is a spectacular car on the track! I had experienced its tractability on a wet skid pad and autocross course, but it gave me such a sense of capability. It performed without drama in a predictable manner. I hope to become some day as good as it is, and this is on the OEM Pirelli tires with the car bone stock. I am solidly hooked.

It is a commonplace that this car is made for the track. I add my voice to the chorus. The GT3 is superb.

It's awkward to be a complete novice in the Green group driving a GT3 (there are at least a half-dozen GT3s in the advanced groups at RTR and one GT2). The other drivers know that I am fast because the car is so fast and capable, but I know that too. My hope is to drive it like I deserve it, and with PCA instruction I think I really can do that in time.

If you're thinking of buying a GT3, then do it! If you're thinking of tracking your GT3, you MUST do it!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:12 PM
MacGT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you had fun at the new track at Summit do not miss an opportunity for a DE experience at the big track, much different and much more fun. (None of the racers use words like techinical in describing the cousre.)

You will be able to turn your GT3 loose on the big curcuit and the fun is magnified greatly!!!!

Enjoy!!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

MacGT3, I'm registering for the SP big course, Pocono, Watkins Glen and even the Jefferson Circuit. I'll enjoy every track I can get to this year.

Shenandoah had so many questions about it that I thought I'd post my (newbie) thoughts. At the monthly meeting of our PCA group last night, though, the track cahir noted that he had not had ANY negative comments about Shenandoah. It's worth the trip.

Quick Reply: First track event--Shenandoah Circuit at Summit Point