Sponsored by:

One more spin on the RS 19 Brake Squeal Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005 | 02:05 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Default One more spin on the RS 19 Brake Squeal Question

This morning I was sorting out my Porsche Parts and discovered that not all RS 19 front pads are the same.

I have one set which does not have RS-19 Stamped into the metal. Rather it screened (very hard to read) on the anti vibration plate. Was that a typo? NO. This set has the antivibration plate affixed to the rear. I suspect my car has the same configuration of pads since I bought two sets from the same supplier. My wife's GT3 has a set from another supplier which does not have the anti vibration plate. Her's are noisy, mine are not. Now I wonder if this was a running change or are there different kinds of GT3 RS-19 pads???

As the "cherman" guy used to say "verrry innnterestink".

Rgds.
Old 04-24-2005 | 04:28 PM
mds
Pro

Last year Pagid manufactured some RS19 pads with anti-vibration plates. Pagid USA tech told me this was a manufacturing mistake and that I should remove them before installation. They are bonded on with a fairly aggressive adhesive, but can be removed with a chisel and hammer. The pads will have better feel and improved modulation without the plates.
Old 04-27-2005 | 08:48 PM
MacGT3
Advanced

Mr. Rouleau, Thank you for this info, my front pads do not have the anti vibration plate on them, however the fronts are not the nosiest, it is the rears.

The rear pads were so thick that they could barely be installed and were not the same size as the OEM pads, but the fronts were not either.

My Pagid distributor was confused by this since Padgid is the OEM manufacturer for Porche.

I do not know if this is a fact since I am new to Porche, but I was suprised that the OEM supplier would supply $800 of brake pads to me that were not the exact same size or shape of the 05 GT3 OEM pads. The price is not the issue however, German quality control is just too good for this.

The brakes work fine and I will continue to track them but I wish I had managed to get several sets of the "mistakes" that mds described is his post.

Quick Reply: One more spin on the RS 19 Brake Squeal Question