Jongbloed Wheel Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 06:24 PM
badkarma
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jongbloed Wheel Pics?

Hi,

Anyone got pics of the Jongbloed Aero 305's preferably on a gt3? In something other than black on that Flying Lizard car? Can't even tell what the design is on that car. =D

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:23 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

They are on my shopping list at 18lbs front / 19lbs rear and brakes running around 90º cooler. I'm planning on slate grey centers on my car, which I think will be great. Hopefully we'll get some shots from Jongbloed very soon, I emailed them asking if they'd post some.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:27 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Good luck getting them. I ordered a set for my Cup 6 weeks ago and was told they would arrive in 1 week. After receiving nothing I proceeded to call on a weekly basis and was told they were being manufactured as we were speaking. Last week I was told that they were having "issues" with the rim centers and they could not tell me when my custom wheels (18"x8" F and 18"x9.5" R) would arrive.

No mention of "I'm sorry for the delay" or anything of the sort. I was just told, "You can cancel your order if you like". NICE customer service. I am very disappointed in the treatment I received. You would expect better customer service when you spend about $900 per rim. Evidently Jongbloed doesn't need/want my business.

I ended up calling Bob Woodman Tires on Friday and ordered a set of 3-piece Mg BBS race rims. He was building my custom set over the weekend and guaranteed delivery by 4/1. Bob was very professional and customer focussed. I can't wait for my new rims to arrive.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:38 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,780 Likes on 2,370 Posts

k964, customer service is the sinlge most important thing i care about in choosing aftermarket parts. joeblow blew it for me. i am quite happy with the service i got from fikse so far.

how much are mag bbs race wheel for a set? i may need another set.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:51 PM
badkarma
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mooty
k964, customer service is the sinlge most important thing i care about in choosing aftermarket parts. joeblow blew it for me. i am quite happy with the service i got from fikse so far.

how much are mag bbs race wheel for a set? i may need another set.
Hey Mooty,

Got more pics of the Profil's on your white GT3?

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:00 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Mooty, I feel the same way about customer service. I was also beginning to question Jongbloeds commitment to after-sales servicing but now that is no longer a concern.

Anyway, Bob Woodman put together a set of new Mg centers, new outers, and used inners (that are indistinguishable from new) for $3550. He also gave me a good deal on some Hoosiers and will mount/balance for no extra $$$. Shipping is very minimal as well.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:47 AM
prowrench240
4th Gear

I would like to respond to K964's thread to explain Jongbloed's position. There is no issue with the 305 centers. Our difficulty has been in rim sections. We made a new tooling to vastly improve our quality. This tooling has not been without some teething pains. We could use a quicker turnaround lower quality rim section we purchased as most every wheel maker does. But we wanted to maintain our advantage in weight and strength. So we spin our own. We have fully tested proven 305 centers in stock. We are currently spinning over 3k rims. Also running 2 shifts of machining centers in our 305 and our new 311 which will give folks that run 15,16 and 17 inch wheels the same performance advantages the 305 wheel offers. It has been a slower process than expected and we will in the very near future offer the fastest turnaround in the business. My partner and I as many on this forum know us, that customer service is forefront in our minds and has been for years. . We are experiencing some growing pains as with any new venture. But rest assured we will be on top of it. I apologize for any inconveinence that K964 encountered and know it is just as frustrating to us not have quicker delivery right now. But we will only deliver the best quality we can and accept no less. We have been overwhelmed by the positive response we have had. The proof was seeing Wolf Hentzler starting from the pole at the opening round of the World Challenge GT race on Jongbloed Wheels. also to see the factory At Speed motorsports Volvos running Jongbloed as well. We know the value of this and other forums. We also hope there is some understanding of what we are trying to accomplish. This is a very short term delivery situation

Thanks for your support and understanding
Bill and Ryan.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:51 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,780 Likes on 2,370 Posts

prowrench240

bad karma, i suck at posting pix. but you can see my wheels at www.tcdesignfab.com under GT3 track build.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:06 AM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for your support and understanding
Sorry to hear about everyones troubles here, getting things right is always imperative, as is meeting customers demands deadlines. Hopefully K964 will understand your position, you'll understand his purchase at a different house. It's a lesson learnt at the expense of a good sale, and goodwill, always a high price to pay for a new endeavour.

Happily I'm in no rush for my new wheels, let me know when the time is right and I'll still order them. Good luck getting it all right!
Old 03-28-2005, 02:42 AM
prowrench240
4th Gear

I do undertstand his purchase somwhere else. In fact Bob Woodman is a good friend of mine. We worked together to cultivate his BBS business for year to what it is now(huge). I hope to do the same with him and Jongbloed as we get more established and come on line. We have no axe to grind with k964 he gave us a shot based on what he saw as an advantage in our wheel but had a deadline we tried but could not meet for his upcoming track event. If I would have spoke to him that day Bob Woodman would have been my 1st rec to get him what he needed in his time frame. I still feel he is settling for something less than what he wanted originally but I do understand the season is on us and he needed wheels. Thanks for your patience Macfly and there are some pics on John Thawleys site www.trackbytes.com He shot the Farnbacher/Jongbloed Wheels/Applied Materials GT3 Cup and the factory Volvo which earned the Sunoco Hard charger award and Hentzler's 4th place finish. He ran a strong 2nd til a fuel del problem robbed him of power. But will be back in force at St Pete, There are some on the race site.com as well. I will have some good ones posted here in a few days.. Good things take time.
BB
Old 03-28-2005, 02:56 AM
bora
Racer

Hi

Do you guys plan on having a facility tour sometime?

I would love to see how your wheels are made and I am only 10 mins away from you.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:58 AM
prowrench240
4th Gear

Yes we are just moving into our new building. It was supposed to be done Dec 1 More saga, But we are going to do an open house for the chamber and also for our local customers and friends. I'll post up here on a date when we get one. We will be glad to get out of our gypsy warehouse and into our new digs!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:14 PM
prowrench240
4th Gear

Default Fontana

Just FYI If any SOCAL folks will be at Fontana for the Grand Am race and wanted to see the 305 aero's in person. My Partner is there as well we are on the #24 Emory Motorsports GT3 Cup in the Rolex series race this weekend.
BB
Old 04-01-2005, 03:18 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Take some pix for us, I'm in NYC this w/e.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:19 PM
badkarma
Intermediate

Originally Posted by macfly
Take some pix for us, I'm in NYC this w/e.
Yeah, I tried to find good pics of the wheels on the links prowrench sent but they're all headon shots.

Quick Reply: Jongbloed Wheel Pics?