Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other street cars VS my GT3.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:01 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Other street cars VS my GT3.....

So this past weekend was nice and sunny, so I went over to the garage to take the GT3 out....

I am going nice and easy on 280S, 70-80 mph per hour....
This goldish 350Z with an exhaust sneaks up on the slower lane....pulls about a car length ahead of me...and decides to floor it.......I make nothing of it....
a few miles down the road....
same thing.....
a few more miles down the road.....
same thing......

later in the afternoon....
I was on 101S, headed home....
Silver grey STi with smaller wing....
As we head onto 85..I could sense him getting ready to go fast into the corner...
I had the slow lane which was clear.....so...I went for it....
After I got onto 85....I slowed down from ...and just went the speed limit....

is it me or does the GT3 gets wayyyyy too much attendtion?

maybe I should start posting my laptimes on my rear window and point to that whenever I get an attempted street race?
hahaha
Old 03-08-2005, 03:03 AM
Curt911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take the wing off and I'll bet you get less attention...lol
Old 03-08-2005, 03:36 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Curt911
take the wing off and I'll bet you get less attention...lol
yeah I will....

and install the Ricer GT3RS one!!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the RS wing will get even more (unwanted?) attention

I bought one and i keep it on my desk. holding off installing it.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:41 AM
GT3BB
Racer

You must drive your desk very fast.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:06 AM
bora
Racer

A Mustang Cobra did the same thing to me this weekend.

I think most car people know what this car is.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:55 AM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

yep, I just went to get my new set of MPSC's put on yesterday, and made the jouney into a small loop to take in a meeting over in Venice. It's amazing how many folks want to race you in this car, I guess it's the wing more than anything.

Hey Tom, if you don't want the ricer wing send it my way, I keep thinking it'll look good on my Slate.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:25 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

Originally Posted by macfly
yep, I just went to get my new set of MPSC's put on yesterday, and made the jouney into a small loop to take in a meeting over in Venice. It's amazing how many folks want to race you in this car, I guess it's the wing more than anything.

Hey Tom, if you don't want the ricer wing send it my way, I keep thinking it'll look good on my Slate.
Hey Andrew - I'm putting on new tires today too - but I'll be breaking them in at BW this Friday. Are you going to be out next Tuesday?

BTW - I have to install the new skins on my stock wheels as I cracked my right rear wheel on the curbing at BW 10 days ago (not on purpose did I slam that high curbing ).

-Kevin
Old 03-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

I get the same thing all the time, but it's worse when you have bypass pipes (they're moron magnets).

We went to Tahoe this weekend and the skiing sucked (slushy Spring skiing already, no new snow), so we drove back late Sunday morning. It was so nice here that even after hours of driving, I had to take out the GT3. Normally, I'd go to west Marin for some twisties and high speed fun, but I didn't have a lot of time so I thought I'd stay local (Presidio, Sea Cliff, Ocean Beach, Skyline, etc). My GF comes with and bitches about not going to Marin, traffic is all backed up near all the beaches, stalled car at the stop sign, etc, we just inch along. Finally things clear up a little in a very high priced residential neighborhood (Sea Cliff, near Robin William's house). A couple of stop signs about a block apart and the guy on a crotch rocket in front of me does a full 180 body twist at each one to get an eyefull of us directly behind him. A small sweeper up the hill and he guns the throttle and leans way down near the pavement, I don't miss a beat and stay right with him. He's shocked, I'm feeling good and...my GF blows a fuse (something about people paying tens of millions for houses and me doing triple the speed limit, tourists around, blah, blah, blah). Normally she's very mellow, hard for me to argue since this time I was the moron. No complaints, though, when I opened it up on the Great Highway, Skyline, etc.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the black wing and black wheels, everyone looks. Girls wave, guys give the ole even older men nod. With all that attention, I actually drive it pretty sedately...save all the fast stuff for the track.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:47 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Default Kevin, yes, I sure am, weathers looking good too!

I'm really looking forward to it, I seem to be missing a lot of the other trackdays that I hear folks going to. There is WSIR Thursday, you're at BW Friday, there are a ton of folks at CAS this and next weekend, and there's the Vegas event too. Why must it all happen when I'm not able to play!!!

Hey, talking wheels did you see the thread about the Jongbloed Aero 305 wheels that the Flying Lizard car had at Daytona. They allowed the brakes to run around 90º coller because they fan/suck air out from under the car. At 18 & 19 lbs each I'm seriously considering them for my car, I think they'd look very nice color matched to the Slate with the chrome rim.
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2005, 12:51 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Try a red car-it's a magnet(electro-type). Can't imagine putting an RS wing on-every drag wanna be would park next to my house and wait til the morning comes when I take her out : ). Seriously the wing does get all the attention. Mike
Old 03-08-2005, 12:53 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4 Kurves
I have to install the new skins on my stock wheels as I cracked my right rear wheel on the curbing at BW 10 days ago (not on purpose did I slam that high curbing ).

-Kevin
Kevin talk to BrianPA, he has a rear GT3 wheel for sale.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:49 PM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Funny you should mention it. This past weekend, I took my car out. I was waiting to turn right at a stop sign when a guy coming from the opposite direction in his new Boxster S, (with his son in the car) turned left in front of me and just nailed it. He passed the car in front of me on the wrong side of the road and continued to rip through the gears hoping that I would follow along. I have to admit, I was tempted. But the fact that he had his young son in the car, and that it was an area full of traffic, I declined.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:08 PM
RevUrGT3
Racer

I am provoked at least once a day...

Have not taken on anyone yet, most provokers have been Mustangs, GTOs and the lke. if I am going to break the law, it better worth the ticket...

Quick Reply: Other street cars VS my GT3.....