Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nice hotel at VIR bringing wife

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 11:51 PM
JLJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice hotel at VIR bringing wife

whats a really nice hotel near VIR? preferably a spa or something my wife will like..website for track doesnt have anything too nice..thanks
Old 12-02-2004, 03:40 AM
HBacura
Racer

Hello,

If you are referring to VIR (Virginia International Raceway) the only 5 star hotel we have in Richmond is The Jefferson Hotel. Here is a list of some of the amenities:

Spa
Alarm Clock
Baby Sitting
Beauty Salon
Business Center
Concierge Level
24 Hour Front Desk
Handicap Facilities
Express Check Out
Hairdryer In Room
Mini Bar
Modem Jack
Meeting Facilities
Non-Smoking Room
Free Newspaper
Small Pets Allowed
Parking
Restaurant
Room Service
Safe Deposit Box
Shopping
Cable TV
Laundry/Valet

Without doing a search, I would say The Jefferson is no more then 10 miles from VIR. You might want to check out

http://hotelmotelnow.com/hotels.aspx/10069972

I believe they might have some special discounts in affect.

HB
Old 12-02-2004, 10:33 AM
JLJ

Originally Posted by HBacura
Hello,

If you are referring to VIR (Virginia International Raceway) the only 5 star hotel we have in Richmond is The Jefferson Hotel. Here is a list of some of the amenities:

Spa
Alarm Clock
Baby Sitting
Beauty Salon
Business Center
Concierge Level
24 Hour Front Desk
Handicap Facilities
Express Check Out
Hairdryer In Room
Mini Bar
Modem Jack
Meeting Facilities
Non-Smoking Room
Free Newspaper
Small Pets Allowed
Parking
Restaurant
Room Service
Safe Deposit Box
Shopping
Cable TV
Laundry/Valet

Without doing a search, I would say The Jefferson is no more then 10 miles from VIR. You might want to check out

http://hotelmotelnow.com/hotels.aspx/10069972

I believe they might have some special discounts in affect.

HB
that hotel is 144 miles away from VIR
Old 12-02-2004, 11:01 AM
64lusso
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Having only been to the track twice I haven't really explored around that area much. Danville is an old tobacco/textile town which has it's own kind of charm but I be a little surprised if there's much in the way of what you are looking for as diversions for your wife. When I was at VIR this past June they were clearing an area to build a hotel at the track to provide just what you are talking about. The Jefferson is great but way to far away to consider. I would second the recommendation about G&W as a place to store your car for the winter, they have tons of Porsche racing experience. I am considering the two hour + drive down there when I go for a track alignment on my GT-3 because of all their knowlage of these cars.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:02 AM
JLJ

Originally Posted by 64lusso
Having only been to the track twice I haven't really explored around that area much. Danville is an old tobacco/textile town which has it's own kind of charm but I be a little surprised if there's much in the way of what you are looking for as diversions for your wife. When I was at VIR this past June they were clearing an area to build a hotel at the track to provide just what you are talking about. The Jefferson is great but way to far away to consider. I would second the recommendation about G&W as a place to store your car for the winter, they have tons of Porsche racing experience. I am considering the two hour + drive down there when I go for a track alignment on my GT-3 because of all their knowlage of these cars.
thanks!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:17 PM
HBacura
Racer

Originally Posted by JLJ
that hotel is 144 miles away from VIR

I'm sorry about that for some reason I was thinking of the track at the fair grounds.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:25 PM
64lusso
Instructor

I think that's called Richmond International Raceway and it's a 3/4 mile Nascar banked oval. VIR is near Danville and is one of the coolest road racing layouts in the country IMHO, 3+ miles of twists and ups and downs along with some of the highest straightaway speed potential in the country.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:31 PM
HBacura
Racer

I don't know how I got RIR and VIR mixed up, sad thing is I haven't been to VIR yet to experience the thrill
Old 12-02-2004, 02:39 PM
gmund 1
Advanced

I just did the G&W event before thanksgiving ( great event by the way) & I took my wife with me for the first time. We stayed at the VIR "LODGE" which is right on turns 5/6/7. Its a brand new 17room 3 story building that is better than anyplace you can find in town. Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom etc.. I think we paid $99 per night. The wife watched all afternoon from the balcony while working on the internet. after my last run we had wine & cheese etc while watching the Red run group from our front deck as the sun was going down. Call Sandy at Vir & she will set you up.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:52 PM
JLJ

Originally Posted by gmund 1
I just did the G&W event before thanksgiving ( great event by the way) & I took my wife with me for the first time. We stayed at the VIR "LODGE" which is right on turns 5/6/7. Its a brand new 17room 3 story building that is better than anyplace you can find in town. Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom etc.. I think we paid $99 per night. The wife watched all afternoon from the balcony while working on the internet. after my last run we had wine & cheese etc while watching the Red run group from our front deck as the sun was going down. Call Sandy at Vir & she will set you up.
thanks! i didnt see that on the site
Old 12-02-2004, 02:57 PM
gmund 1
Advanced

Neither did I but I happen to call on another issue and they said , Hey, where are you staying the lodge is now open & I signed up. Great people at VIR, Sasco & G&W. I bought & mounted new Dunlop SSR's at sasco after checking in at the lodge. The SSR,s exceeded my expectations. I was running sport cups and double the $
Old 12-02-2004, 03:07 PM
JLJ

Originally Posted by gmund 1
Neither did I but I happen to call on another issue and they said , Hey, where are you staying the lodge is now open & I signed up. Great people at VIR, Sasco & G&W. I bought & mounted new Dunlop SSR's at sasco after checking in at the lodge. The SSR,s exceeded my expectations. I was running sport cups and double the $
what else to do in the area that my wife might like since you are so helpful!
Old 12-02-2004, 03:24 PM
gmund 1
Advanced

Not much going on in that area night life wise but.. Danville is 15 to 20 minutes away and they have shopping malls & decent restaurants like Outback etc. Once you reach Danville go well into town on HWY 58 and there will be a hill on your right with the holiday INN ( Marginal Place by the way). I think you cross route 29 and you will see it on your right. Proceed like you are going to the holiday inn ie up the hill. Pass the holiday inn on your left now and you will come to the mall. Maybe some chrismas shopping. on the west side of the mall are all the restaurants but this will get you in the general area. You are on your own at this point. Like I said before this was my wifes first time to the track with me in 3 years. she had a great time, was per personal photograper/videographer pit crew, water Girl etc. Have a good time
Old 12-02-2004, 03:31 PM
64lusso
Instructor

There is one good restaurant I can recommend if you like Italian, not pizza but the full range of Italian food. I think it's called Frank and Mimmas or maybe it's Joe and Minas, it's in a strip center about a mile or so past where gmund just suggested it doesn't look like much but the food is excellent. There's usually a bit of a line if you arrive at dinner hour and I am sure most anyone from the area can help you get the name and directions right.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:34 PM
JLJ

Originally Posted by 64lusso
There is one good restaurant I can recommend if you like Italian, not pizza but the full range of Italian food. I think it's called Frank and Mimmas or maybe it's Joe and Minas, it's in a strip center about a mile or so past where gmund just suggested it doesn't look like much but the food is excellent. There's usually a bit of a line if you arrive at dinner hour and I am sure most anyone from the area can help you get the name and directions right.
thanks to everyone for your help

Quick Reply: nice hotel at VIR bringing wife