Sponsored by:

GT3 CD player

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Davidoff
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 CD player

I have a problem that the Porsche dealer here cannot solve. Input / similar experience welcomed.

When I unlock and open the car door (GT3 2004) there is a loud clicking sound from the interior (from the area of the CD). When I then try and turn the CD player on it either (i) displays the message "CDS STOP" or indicates a CD and track from the multi CD changer, but in both cases does not play either CD. If I then eject the CD from the player inside the car and reinsert it it then works (every time), or I can then select a CD from the multi changer and play it. Otherwise it remains frozen and will not play.

The dealer here has no idea what the problem is and has replaced the internal CD player already to no avail. Currently waiting for a response from Germany (> 2 months and nothing). Another GT3 owner here (Dubai) has the same problem.

Anyone else experienced this and know what the problem/solution is?

Thanks

David
Old 12-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

I think someone on the 996 forum on 6speedonline.com had the same issue. A search over there may get you an answer.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:11 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 528 Likes on 349 Posts

Not sure but I would be interested in knowing the cause.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:29 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Sounds like headunit initialization error originating from the instrument cluster gateway.
Have they replaced the headunit and verified latest S/W release?
Old 12-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Davidoff
Cruisin'

Itc

I don't know what they did apart from just changing out the in car player unit (is the head unit integral to the player?). I will check out the details and see if they have updated the software as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:58 PM
geoffucla
Instructor

Mine actually does the exact same thing. Once it annoys me enough, I guess I'll take it in (also to fix a couple interior squeeks). It just doesn't bother me enough yet to have to leave the 3 at the dealer--

Geoff.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:55 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Any updates??

Trending Topics

Old 12-10-2004, 04:04 AM
nmex
Instructor

I had some similar problem in my old Boxter. ( I know is not the same model of radio) but it was doing something similar. After a lot of investigation and observation norrow it down to OVER temp on the head unit and changer. ( Dubai gets very hot) not as Austin TX but look like it will only do it in the summer or after I will leave the car in the direct sun for several Hrs. My solution put the radio in the closet and install an Alpine Unit and problem solved.

Quick Reply: GT3 CD player