Sponsored by:

Mr. RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 12:57 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,120 Likes on 620 Posts
Exclamation Mr. RS

In your car you have the GT3 cage. I think you have white. If you could please find out the PN # for the black cage that would be great.

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:37 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 523 Likes on 348 Posts

Speak to Gert at Carnewal.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:02 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

This is not really a Gert type of question.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cos,

Just got the car back so will go and have a look tonight, any idea where the PN might be?

The cages are all the same, the factory sprayed it white.

p.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:30 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 523 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
This is not really a Gert type of question.
Sounds like one to me.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:16 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Mr. RS.

The factory does not spray them, Porshce does not even make them. This company IVM Automotive makes them and they paint them. I am looking for the Black PN# one.

Thanks,

ps. It is not a Gert question since I am not buying my cage from Gert. I don't want to waste his time on me.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:58 AM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Cos,

Had a quick look last night but trying to get in the back of the car is nearly impossible! Anyone got an idea where the PN for this would be?

As for my previous comment, what I meant was that I would be very surprised if there was a differant PN for the cage just because it is white.

P.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM
TonyW
AutoX

The Porsche half roll bar is # 996.580.984.00 Pollished aluminium. Simply have it powder coated.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:16 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Mr. RS.

Well believe it!! I got sitting here a very nice WHITE cage!!! Its the two piece front and rear.

ps. I hope this makes sense the way I am going to try to explain it.

On the rear section of the bar, up top straight above the seats, there is the connecting point (hooks like) to attach the front section of the bar. Now, covering these "hooks" are caps they appear to be made out of a rubber/plastic material. Two part question...first part..are your "caps" white, or are they black, if they are black, can you PLEASE find me a PN# off of those. If they are white then don't bother.
Thank you,
Old 12-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Cos,

So, let me get this right. You have a white RS cage and want the PN for the plastic caps that cover the attachement point if the front part of the cage is NOT fitted.

If that is what you want, I can and can't help you I am afraid. When I collected my car the caps were black (yet to see a white cage with white caps by the way) however I have the front part of my cage fitted so do not have the caps to hand.

Steve R and Timbo dont have the front part of their cage fitted and do have black caps so will ask them next time they are around .

So in this case I cant help.

P.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:38 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Are you....or do you, feel ok running the front section of the cage on the street? Do you worry about getting into an accident (heaven forbid) and hitting your head on the bar?

Also, I need you know if you can find this out as well, I need the PN# for the caps on the floor of the car where the front section was welded in, as if you did not install the front section there would have been caps ontop of the carpet and you pull off the caps and weld the bar into those spots.

Again any and all information would be greatly appreciated, on any of the plastic caps for either the top of the cage or for the floor.

Thank you.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Many schools of thought on this one. I feel more secure with the front cage in place, yes I agree that there is more danger of head trauma but I tend to use the 6 point belt as opposed to the inertia reel.

Maybe I am just kidding myself but having had a lorry loose its load onto the roof of my old Mk1 Mexico (also equipped with a full cage) I like a bit of extra around me!

The car is stiffer with the cage installed as well which enables the suspension to work that bit better.

Finally I killed off 97.62% of my brain cells in the early 90's so a tap on the head might help....

OK, just braved the cold to go out into the garage to check on the front cage situation. It is bolted onto a plate that is welded into the floor. There are two bolts on either side of the down strut. These do not appear to protrude through the bottom of the floor pan.

The carpet is pre cut on three sides where the bar goes to the floor, this is pushed out and now stands upright on the remaining side against the down bar. The floor mat was cut by the dealer to match.

The only "plugs" are in the passenger side where the extinguisher would fit.

The retaining bolts DO protrude through the floor for this.

I will ask my dealer next week if he has a PN for the caps you are looking for.

Phew!

P.

Quick Reply: Mr. RS