Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 DELIVERED!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004 | 11:22 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Default GT3 DELIVERED!

On Tuesday I got the call that my GT3 was at the dealer and ready for delivery. I was at a client, so I had to communicate with the dealer mostly by e-mail from my blackberry. Not an ideal way to proceed, especially with preparations for the upcoming holidays close at hand. I did get the car that evening and had time for a quick look over it under artificial light, but it did look good. I checked over the list of options against the window sticker, and everything was listed and present: seal grey paint, black leather with full leather, black mats, bi-xenon headlamp, cruise control, automatic climate control, thicker steering wheel, rear center console painted exterior color, metal door sill model insignia, aluminum instrument dials and brake/shifter carbon/aluminum. In addition, I had arranged to get a collapsible spare tire from the Turbo with PCCB, jack, tools and the other bits that I read about HERE (thanks, Viken!). It was NOT easy to get the foam piece out from under the luggage compartment, and the tire in. To get the foam up I just had to pull hard. I found that a bit of the plastic packing material between the tire and the compartment bottom made the wheel much easier to slide into place. It absolutely does fit. The dealer also threw in the clear side markers, just as Tom suggested they would. This color really cannot live with the stock yellow jobbies!

The drive home, in the rain, was nerve wracking. I kept thinking that I'd bang the front air dam on something. This car is very low (but you know that). As it turned out, my driveway and the surrounding terrain has been not an issue. All fits well. Keeping under 4200 RPM is not at all easy, but you know that, too. I have only about 250 miles on the car at this point, so I'm still taking it very easy. In sixth gear I can get just a bit above 105 MPH indicated before I run out of RPMs. It is a tad frustrating.

There is a list of modifications that I plan: GT3 seats, DAS rollbar, harness, console delete and shims for the wing. I also plan to get a four wheel alignment and corner balance. I'm deferring all of this until I get past 1,000 miles, at least. I'm guessing the suspension needs to settle in before I get it checked. As it is it is certainly ok on the street, and I'll not have a track day until the Spring. It also makes sense to have the seats replaced before corner balancing. For the first few track days I plan to use the stock tires and wheels. (For MY05 Porsche did indeed change the front springs from a part with a 996 prefix to one with a 993 prefix and the tires are Pirellis.)

I have a couple of questions, but there are other threads that are already addressing them directly, so I'll post there. Please look for my questions and add the answers!
Attached Images    
Old 11-28-2004 | 11:27 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Congrats! Sure is a hell of a car (but you know that )

ahh, you got the Pzero rossos too! when i showed pics of my GT3 with pirellis as OEM, it made quite a ruckus.

enjoy it! the winter looks much milder this year which is great news.

Tom
Old 11-28-2004 | 11:41 PM
tewino
Intermediate

My 2005 GT3 came with the Mich PS tires- not sure which model. Mine was Oct build/Nov delivery. I just picked it up 10 days ago.
Old 11-29-2004 | 12:04 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Car looks awesome Chris, Congrats!!
Old 11-29-2004 | 12:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

i saw two brand new 05 gt3 devlivered with p zero's today.
Old 11-29-2004 | 01:59 AM
20C4S
Three Wheelin'

SEAL rocks. looks like i got a brother!
Old 11-29-2004 | 03:11 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Congrats and welcome to the team!!!
Old 11-29-2004 | 09:00 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

I thought someone posted that seal gray was discontinued?! Congrats to a nice car!
Old 11-29-2004 | 10:34 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Thanks all. Seal grey is one of the extra cost color choices. My girls picked the color and I "approved."
Old 11-29-2004 | 02:11 PM
JS
Race Car

Congrats.
Old 11-29-2004 | 02:55 PM
dld
Racer

Congratulations Chris!!
I got mine on Friday, so I know how you feel..
I haven't gotton to 6th gear yet since I haven't had it on the freeway, and there was too much traffic on the mountain road yesterday to really open up. But I'm glad to know I can break 3 digits below 4200rpm...

Derek
Old 11-30-2004 | 02:44 AM
Holger B
Race Car

Very nice. Love that SG color, it was my first choice too...

Quick Reply: GT3 DELIVERED!