Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING: Porsche of Beverly Hills NIGHTMARE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 12:36 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would never ever buy a lemon car, and you should state that if you had known the car was a lemon then you never would hav ebought it.

Consult an Attorney and determine if there was ''fraud" involved. If so I believe they are subject to punitive damages. If they bought the car at auction then the history should tell the tale. If it was not disclosed at auction, then as a sophisticated buyer they should have done their due diligence; either way it is not your problem.

Step 1

Figure out exactly your legal rights

Step 2

Figure out exactly what you'll settle for

Step 3

Park the car on their doorstep.

Step 4

Be patient!
Old 11-07-2004, 12:57 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to get a dealer to notice you

Drive you car to like Sunset or Santa Monica on a busy weekend evening..

dumo the car on the busiest cross section on the streets..have a huge sign that says

"My car broke and my dealer wont fix it..."

go home and wait for you dealer to call you

you could also do this right outside Beverly Hills Porsche on their busiest day/hours...

that would get you some attention

A friend of mine acquired a MK1 Lotus Elise and this was how he got the dealer to buy the car back at the price he wanted to....

Dont quote me on it.....

I know from experience that the cops cant really give you **** if your car "broke" down...how broken is very vauge though...
Old 11-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Fogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In many states Consumer Protection laws and/or Deceptive Trade Practices Acts provide for automatic treble damages.

You said you leased it? Measure of damages just got harder to calculate.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:53 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

We have made payments for a year and a half on a car that was not worth nearly what we paid for it. There are also many other expenses we have incurred now because of this problem.
I'am sure that you have had miles of smiles and the car was worth every penny up to the point that this event happened.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress
Old 11-07-2004, 03:14 PM
gtdrei
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm no lawyer..but

Based on what you say, there seems to be a clear violation of a part of California law,
b) This section and Section 1793.24 shall be known, and may be cited as, the Automotive Consumer Notification Act.
Have you contacted the Police department in that jurisdiction ? The fraud squad section ?

Just a thought.. good luck
Old 11-07-2004, 03:33 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,181 Likes on 631 Posts

Is autocheck better than carfax ? carl
Old 11-07-2004, 03:44 PM
offroadr35
Instructor

Originally Posted by 4carl
Is autocheck better than carfax ? carl
ran both, they were exactly the same.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:44 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

As mentioned above, write a well thought letter, stating all that has happened, not leaving out any detail. Quote the posted statute, provide a copy of autocheck etc. Send it to PCNA, cc'd to that butthole you dealt with at BH Porsche. PCNA's reply will determine your next course of action.

Good Luck and keep us up to date..
Old 11-08-2004, 01:30 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fongster
Drive you car to like Sunset or Santa Monica on a busy weekend evening..

dumo the car on the busiest cross section on the streets..have a huge sign that says

"My car broke and my dealer wont fix it..."

go home and wait for you dealer to call you

you could also do this right outside Beverly Hills Porsche on their busiest day/hours...

that would get you some attention

A friend of mine acquired a MK1 Lotus Elise and this was how he got the dealer to buy the car back at the price he wanted to....

Dont quote me on it.....

I know from experience that the cops cant really give you **** if your car "broke" down...how broken is very vauge though...
Are you for real?

Block traffic on sunset and you get towed. Period. Now if you park it at the meter you better stay there with 50 pounds of quarters otherwise you will get ticket after ticket.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:32 AM
RWO
Burning Brakes

Actually, Lemons are purchased back by PCNA who then sells them to Dealers. PCNA fully discloses the problem with the car to the purchasing dealer, there is no excuse for them not telling you...

Roy
Old 11-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RWO
Actually, Lemons are purchased back by PCNA who then sells them to Dealers. PCNA fully discloses the problem with the car to the purchasing dealer, there is no excuse for them not telling you...
I am not sure if that's correct. It has always been my understanding that PCNA sells lemon buybacks only through auctions and not to dealers. Has that changed lately?

In this case, I would be hesitant to jump to conclusions. Not only Carfax and other such agencies have been quite unreliable, but also we haven't heard the other side of the story. I suggest that facts are gathered before making such accusations online. Especially when the reputation of a salesperson is at stake here. I am not sure if he would have known the details on this car after all.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:47 PM
e6tme
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Manufacturers routinely sell lemon buybacks at dealer only auctions, and sometimes these auctions are only open to the respective dealers of the manufacturer selling cars. So yes, Porsche can and does sell lemons to their dealers.

In this case PCNA should definitely be involved because as an agent of PCNA, Beverly Hills seems to have been involved in fraudulent business practices.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:19 PM
RWO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Viken
I am not sure if that's correct. It has always been my understanding that PCNA sells lemon buybacks only through auctions and not to dealers. Has that changed lately?

In this case, I would be hesitant to jump to conclusions. Not only Carfax and other such agencies have been quite unreliable, but also we haven't heard the other side of the story. I suggest that facts are gathered before making such accusations online. Especially when the reputation of a salesperson is at stake here. I am not sure if he would have known the details on this car after all.
Viken,

I could be wrong. Porsche sells most of their demo cars through an on-line process where dealers can view and bid on the cars. I reviewed the system at one point when we were talking with Porsche about their systems. At that time, a few years ago, cars purchased back from customers were on the system. That may have changed, or they may only sell cars bought back for certain reasons...

I agree that we should have a lot more facts on this one...

Roy

Quick Reply: WARNING: Porsche of Beverly Hills NIGHTMARE!