Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS Air Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004 | 06:33 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Johninrsf
FWIW, "brian" at FVD promised to send me the technical data FVD has in support of their HP claims. I've called and spoken to him twice. Each time he said he would get and fax me the data within 24 hours. To date, I haven't received anything. It's possible, the data doesn't exist. If it did, they'd probably have ready access to it and use it in their advertising! I'm not going to follow up anymore.So that's the end of the FVD Air Scoop story from here.
JP
Johninrsf:I can assure you that Bryan is still trying to get the information for you. Unfortunatly the tests were done in Germany so we have to get it from them. I can send you the emails to them asking for the info if you would like to prove that we are not blowing you off. Again I know it is not your problem and we should have them available, but the fact is the newsletter got sent out before we recieved the info.
Like I said we are still working on it, and I will post the info on here as soon as I recieve it.
Evan
PS-A couple photos of the last one left in stock (PPS-These floormats are available too for anyone with a red GT3!! They are brand new!! ):

Last edited by AMG ETR; 11-01-2004 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-31-2004 | 06:37 PM
DCLee
Pro

It's the proprietary Krazy Glue that really makes all the power. The special key in the pic is used to wind up the secret hamster-driven wing-actuation motor under the decklid.

(What the heck, I bought one anyway, I will post test results soon from my personal wind tunnel, aka the 12th Street tunnel linking D.C. and Northern Virginia.

Lee in D.C.
Old 11-01-2004 | 01:27 AM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DCLee
It's the proprietary Krazy Glue that really makes all the power. The special key in the pic is used to wind up the secret hamster-driven wing-actuation motor under the decklid.

(What the heck, I bought one anyway, I will post test results soon from my personal wind tunnel, aka the 12th Street tunnel linking D.C. and Northern Virginia.

Lee in D.C.
Old 11-01-2004 | 06:20 AM
MatroxMGA
Instructor

FVD: are those floormats Porsche original?? How much is a set? Good quality is very important.
Old 11-01-2004 | 08:20 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Those are FVD tailor made carpets, I have them in my car in black with silver piping and GT3 CS logo and they are of very high quality and look the business! Think I paid approx. EUR 150.-

Ciao,

Johannes E.

Last edited by Mr. C4; 11-01-2004 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-01-2004 | 11:14 AM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Guy's,

Although this thread seems to have wandered off into floor mat territory, my point regarding the scoop was to see if any of you lot are running the Cup Filter and how do you rate it? the reason for this is that i have found with the Cup Filter, there seems to be a lot of heat soak from the engine bay at lower speeds, which i have remedied with an underdeck air collector which funnels the air from the slot into the cup filter, effectively isolating it from the engine area, much like the cup cars have. And yes this available from Manthey as well!!
When i get home i will post pic to show what i mean.
My logic is that when you ally this to an above deck collector, this must make an improvement as more air is a good thing.
And from my experience, the improvement is from about 50mph onwards, definately track territory!!

Regards,

Steve
Old 11-01-2004 | 11:39 AM
DCLee
Pro

A agree on the floor-mat issue-- how excited can I get about something I put my feet on?

How much is the cup air-filter box? This being Manthey, I'm sort of afraid to ask. Part # ?

Lee in D.C.
Old 11-01-2004 | 01:18 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MatroxMGA
FVD: are those floormats Porsche original?? How much is a set? Good quality is very important.
I have had a set of our mats in my car for about 15,000 miles/1 year now and they are holding up great!! They retail @ $195 for a set of 4, but contact me if you are interested in the red set as I will let them go much cheaper!!
Here are a couple more photos:

For any more info please PM, Email, or Call me as I don't wanna jack this thread anymore than we have
Evan
Old 11-01-2004 | 06:22 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bass GT3
Guy's,

Although this thread seems to have wandered off into floor mat territory, my point regarding the scoop was to see if any of you lot are running the Cup Filter and how do you rate it? the reason for this is that i have found with the Cup Filter, there seems to be a lot of heat soak from the engine bay at lower speeds, which i have remedied with an underdeck air collector which funnels the air from the slot into the cup filter, effectively isolating it from the engine area, much like the cup cars have. And yes this available from Manthey as well!!
When i get home i will post pic to show what i mean.
My logic is that when you ally this to an above deck collector, this must make an improvement as more air is a good thing.
And from my experience, the improvement is from about 50mph onwards, definately track territory!!

Regards,

Steve
Steve:

I doubt few if any Mk2 owners are running a cone cup setup because of MAF or other reasons (heat soak) at least here in the US. I may be wrong. For your situation the scoop seems like a no brainer... more fresh air the better
Old 11-01-2004 | 07:08 PM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Rockit,

You can run a Cup Filter and retain the MAF, you just need a rightangle tube which affixes to the filter and MAF. This positions the filter under the air intake opening under the deck once you remove the air box. It's worth it just for the induction roar alone!!

You know you want it!!

Regards,

Steve
Old 11-01-2004 | 07:10 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

induction roar...hmmmm :=)
Old 11-01-2004 | 07:21 PM
MatroxMGA
Instructor

what about the increased amount of dirt particles that enters the engine with a different intake and filter? I am also tempted.....
Old 11-01-2004 | 07:39 PM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Matrox,

As long as you keep the filter in good order, with K&N filter kit, no probs!!
I tend to clean mine every 2-weeks, but i also have a second filter, so i rotate them around, 1 on the car, 1 in the cleaner.

Steve
Old 11-02-2004 | 01:25 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Hey Steve,

Picture of your set-up please!

Ciao,

Johannes
PS. Sorry about the sidetrack on capets eventhough they look the business!

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Air Scoop