Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alcon floating rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004 | 02:43 AM
joe hayes
Track Day

Default alcon floating rotors

I want to replace my PCCB's. Back in April there was some discussion about going with the floating rotors that Steve at Rennsport Systems sells. They are the Alcon two piece full floating system at about $1800 for the front wheels only. I would retain my existing calipers.

Steve says that within a couple of months they will have a set for the rear as well but for now he is saying to run my PCCB's on the rear. The Alcons are not cross-drilled but he says they are working on that as well. He says that my braking will be much better and of course more reliable.

Gert at Carnewal wants about $3600 for a new steel brake system (factory parts).

My question is-has anyone tried the Alcon rotors and what is their experience with them? Is the braking much better with this set up than just going for factory steel brakes?

The plan would be to replace the rears with the Alcons when they are available.

From the old threads I noticed that ZO6 seemed to have good luck with the Alcons and macfly was going to try them but I don't know if he did.

Looking for experience and advice-Thanks
Old 08-18-2004 | 02:49 AM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Nope, I'm awaiting the demise of my OEM steels before making any changes.
Old 08-18-2004 | 05:47 AM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

They are AP rotors not Alcons, I have them but have not installed them yet, they are two pounds lighter than the stock rotor and a little bit larger at 360mm.

They were designed/built by Wrightwood Racing for Fiorano's Grand Am car which was used at Daytona with no problems.

I will be installing AP rotors with my Pagid RS-14 when i get back from Vegas, the first week of Sep.

Quick Reply: alcon floating rotors