Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Theft recovery GT3 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scouser: I don't recall if I read it here or on another board but apparently cars were being moved at the dealership and the GT3 was left unattended with keys in it.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:21 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deary me!
In the UK, you won't get payed out by the insurance if your keys are in the ignition when its stolen unless it is hijacked.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:01 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Common folks. The dealership was shuffling cars on their property so give them a break. Its not freaking Iraq!
Old 07-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

I don't know if it was prompted by the misadventure of this GT3 but I noticed when I was visiting my dealer earlier this year they required a physical handoff on the keys to all cars being moved. This may not be Iraq but there's definitely folks around that are looking for targets of opportunity.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:18 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 993_996_enthusiast
Common folks. The dealership was shuffling cars on their property so give them a break. Its not freaking Iraq!
So, I guess you are saying that it would have been acceptable to you if it was your car that was stolen for from the dealer's lot because they were moving it around and they left the keys in. No I would not give them a break. I would say they were totally irresponsible and incompetent............and what the hell has Iraq got to do with it?
Old 07-19-2004, 10:35 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry about my wording, should have been "Come on folks" but you readers cut me some slack anyway.

To: Scouser

Typically, new car dealers in the USA do not watch over every vehicle on their property as though they were priceless commodities. They are just cars to them. As far as a car in service, it is vulnerable during normal service hours because the keys are often just behind the service counter in plain view! I expect most lock them up after hours.

Iraq relevance! We are an open and free society they are not (yet). We have plenty of car thieves and thugs but we don't secure everything as one probably has to do in Iraq these days.

This theft was a sad event but beating on the Porsche dealer is unfair in my opinion.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Alfie,

As an FYI someone from our local chapter tried to buy this car but another salesperson at your dealership was less than forthcomign with whether or not Porsche would ever honor the warranty. Now we hear the car has been sold to someone in California. Can you tell us did they buy the car without a warranty or did Porsche agree to honor it?
Old 09-11-2004, 04:16 AM
MoneyBiz
Racer

Is unstealable a word?
Old 09-11-2004, 09:05 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

GR, we were having trouble figuring out how much warranty coverage there actually was with that car. The person who bought intended to turn it into a pure track car, so warranty was of no concern with him. Sorry your club member had difficulty purchasing the car. Next time, be sure they contact me directly....
Old 09-11-2004, 03:26 PM
BrianPA
Racer

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
Alfie,

As an FYI someone from our local chapter tried to buy this car but another salesperson at your dealership was less than forthcomign with whether or not Porsche would ever honor the warranty. Now we hear the car has been sold to someone in California. Can you tell us did they buy the car without a warranty or did Porsche agree to honor it?
I had the exact same expirience.

Is anyone willing to disclose wht the car sold for?

Quick Reply: Theft recovery GT3 for sale