Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thumbs up AWESOME Driving Video RUF GT on PS2

If you have a Play Station 2(PS2), have the game Gran Turismo/GT3
and want to see an AWESOME RUF RGT driving, on the Gran Turismo main menu

-select 'Replay Theater'
-select 'Demonstration'
-select the very last bottom box(under "Best"/yellow boxes) RUF RGT.

Its about 4 minutes of real bad RUF 996 track driving. although this is an animation, movement, sceneries and sound are unbelievably realistic. It was done by one of the japanese PS2's GT3 driver qualifying for a racing license.

Shifting, Braking and acceleration is so realisticaly awesome!! The sound is INTOXICATING too. I would turn off the back ground music.

The car looks like a GT2 but bears the tag RGT(RUFs GT).

I wish I could drive that way.
Old 06-19-2004 | 08:49 PM
Thio
Track Day

Ah yes, the RUF RGT. That was a good car to use in the game

I have to play the game again
Old 06-19-2004 | 11:03 PM
ssmith2k3
Advanced

Gran Turismo is awesome. I don't understand why people on this board seem to like NFS Porsche Unleashed. I played NFS on PlayStation and it felt like a joke.
Old 06-20-2004 | 08:08 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

ERVTX posted this on the 993 thread :

The car in the demo completed the Complex String circuit in 4'52.716.

Go to arcade mode, select Time Trial, and scroll all the way to the end. There you will see the RGT as the car selected for the Complex String time trial.

The demo driver (K.Yamauchi) is loaded as owning the fastest time 4'52.716.

Now you can try to beat him. It took a handful of runs, but I finally beat him with a 4' 52.484.

You CAN drive like that (on a PS2).

>>>>>

Those are really great driving! The car bounces and skids like you would when you hit those curbs on turns. You can even see the brake rotors glowing hot during hard braking!
I can't wait for GT4 to come out, see how much(X2) the grapshics gonna be.

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 06-20-2004 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-20-2004 | 09:19 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Thio
Ah yes, the RUF RGT. That was a good car to use in the game

I have to play the game again
The clip I'm refering to is actually a recorded video by a japanese PS2 driver that set the shortest time on that RUF GT in that particular circuit.

I did purchase one of the RGT in the game, but I am yet to find the perfect suspension and gear tuning Seems like the more I mess with it the worse the handling get I even copied the GT3 specs from Porsches website...still no luck. I gues I have to find the spec for a cup car.
Old 06-20-2004 | 09:24 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by ssmith2k3
Gran Turismo is awesome. I don't understand why people on this board seem to like NFS Porsche Unleashed. I played NFS on PlayStation and it felt like a joke.
I don't play video games until I saw GT3/Gran Turismo of PS2. I've heard the PSE for the 996 and I could swear that I thought I was driving my buddies 996 with the PSE. Graphics is unmatched, sound is realistic with each type of car/even as you go into tunnels.. sounds reverberate like you're really in it, brakes glows in the dark during hard braking.. It was just too much for me to resist since I love driving cars. the Japanese really put attention in meticulous detail on this game! I can't wait 'till GT4 is released.

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 06-20-2004 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-20-2004 | 11:49 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

The car dynamics in Gran Turismo 3 are the best on any video game. I put Project Gotham Racing 2 in second place for the Xbox.

However, PGR2 has the full Nuerburgring, and a lot of real cars, a Porsche license and a Ferrari license. I was amazed when I drove the Boxster S, E46M3, Honda S2000, 996Turbo and 996 Carrera. The car simulation is very close to real. However the 996GT3 simulation has a glitch. The car feels unstable when you apply power at turn exists, which is also the opinion on plenty of car magazines . Probably they simulated the car with wrong alignment.
Old 06-20-2004 | 12:23 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by NJ-GT
The car dynamics in Gran Turismo 3 are the best on any video game. I put Project Gotham Racing 2 in second place for the Xbox.

However, PGR2 has the full Nuerburgring, and a lot of real cars, a Porsche license and a Ferrari license. I was amazed when I drove the Boxster S, E46M3, Honda S2000, 996Turbo and 996 Carrera. The car simulation is ........
Thanks for the info. I've never seen that PGR2. Guess time to visit the local video outlet and see if they have a rental
Old 06-20-2004 | 04:33 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

I think the vehicle dynamics of PGR2 for Xbox are better than GT3 for PS2... GT3 has near zero lift off oversteer.

I finished GT3 (100% completion) and PGR2 (all gold IIRC, platinum would take forever).

The handling dynamics in Porsche unleashed actually arent that bad, try out the 70 something 2.7RS... plenty of oversteer.

The Nurburgring in PGR2 is awesome! The times are totally ridiculus compared to in real life, but its still alot of fun.

Quick Reply: AWESOME Driving Video RUF GT on PS2