Sponsored by:

6.2 GT3 exhaust tip from Kline Innovations - group guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 01:48 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts
Default 6.2 GT3 exhaust tip from Kline Innovations - group guy

I have recently been working closely with Kline Innovations on the exhaust for my 6.2 GT3 and I inquired whether they might be interested in designing a set of 6.2 exhaust tips. I will be having a set made for myself, but they are willing to produce maybe one or two designs and make them available in a group buy for Rennlist members. We have discussed prices and potential tips offerings that might be part of the final offerings.

I'm hoping to gauge interest of members here who might want a set and what designs would gain the most interest. The tips will be either stainless, carbon, or inconel and be priced at $800 euro ($856) for carbon and inconel and $600 euro ($642) for stainless. The Kline logo on the tips will also be optional, as they realize not everyone will have a Kline system. They have not given a specific minimum order amount, but I told them I would see how much interest I could find. I will also be posting something on the 996.2 GT3 FB group to reach out further.

Please see the potentially available tips below. They have suggested one or two final options could go into production. If you are interested and would definitely follow through on a purchase, either post here and/or PM me directly with a confirmation. I'm really only looking for definite orders at the moment, but these could be available after the fact, assuming they go into production.

I would be sending my tips to Kline to be scanned and used for the production units. Exact timeline has not been established, but they have been incredibly responsive with me thus far. I'm hopefully the wait would not be that long. I will get that information once we start getting a feel for unit interest.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:51 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Single-wall look, round tip - my preferred design.

89mm and 101mm are the options.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:56 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Double- wall, rounded lip. This should be available in carbon, inconel, and stainless, if chosen.

89mm and 101mm available.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:58 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

this is their current 6.1 GT3 design and would be available in carbon for the 6.2

The following users liked this post:
TopPorscheFan (10-26-2022)
Old 08-21-2022, 11:15 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

@rsabeebe Do you happen to know if any of the Klein dealers here in the US carry these carbon fiber tips for the 996.2 GT3? Or are they special-order? Is there one particular dealer here in the US that is better than all the rest? Thanks in advance for any pointers you can suggest!!!

Toby
Old 08-22-2022, 10:10 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

there are no 6.2 GT3 tips available from Kline. the point of this post was to try to put together an order of tips built by Kline for the 6.2. i had already discussed the subject with Kline directly and they were on board. i was going to send one of my tips in for the set up.

we had another thread where we had owners who wanted tips for the 6.2, but it never transitioned into interest here for some reason. the other thread never went anywhere either (fabspeed was supposed to be involved on that one), but we did have sufficient interest. i guess it came down to price. i even spoke to scott at stromung and he also agreed to help, but only wanted to produce single-wall tips, which were fine for me, but not enough other people wanted that design.

Old 08-22-2022, 11:16 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK, thanks. I'll keep watching this space as I am working through my decision-making process on a new exhaust system for my GT3.
Old 10-23-2022, 01:47 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Resurrecting an older thread......

As an FYI, I worked with Rares at Kline and have a set of the Carbon Fiber exhaust tips for my 6.2 GT3 on order. I would guess I am five weeks out from delivery. More to come, including pictures, when they arrive.

Toby
Old 10-24-2022, 07:09 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

we seemed to have genuine interest on a group buy earlier when we thought fabspeed was going to get involved. i think we probably had 12-15 orders likely, iirc. after fabspeed flaked, i spoke with both scott @ stromung and kline and both were interested in a group buy on 6.2 tip versions. when i presented both options (not at one time), interest had apparently all but disappeared. i was hopeful when kline offered to help, but again no big interest.

i'm very interested to see what your tips look like installed. can you also PM me directly and let me know what the cost to you was? very cool that they worked with you on a one-off.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:48 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

^PM sent!
Old 11-01-2022, 02:23 AM
ChampInSD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm still interested. I'd like a flat black pair. No branding on them.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:54 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChampInSD
I'm still interested. I'd like a flat black pair. No branding on them.
unfortunately, i don't think we have sufficient interest to get kline involved in a group buy at the moment. the one-off fee that toby paid was above the group fees listed above.

i'd be happy to resurrect this idea, but we'll need more involvement.

scott at stromung was another possibility but he wanted to focus on round, single-wall tips, iirc. that worked perfectly for me, but others wanted options to the single-wall.

Old 11-01-2022, 08:15 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Shockingly, I just got a note from UPS looking for payment of Duty for these tips. They are about to ship it seems! At least I have a tracking number. More to come soon! (I hope!)
Old 11-05-2022, 10:55 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

My tips arrived yesterday and they look great!

Old 11-05-2022, 10:57 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll likely start a new thread as I am upgrading my stock exhaust system to a Fabspeed system. Considered the Dundon and Kline systems, but just did not want to spend that kind of money - especially since my car is primarily a street car. More to come soon!

Quick Reply: 6.2 GT3 exhaust tip from Kline Innovations - group guy