FS: Better Than New 996 GT2 OEM Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 12:52 AM
sempaipaul
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts
Exclamation FS: Better Than New 996 GT2 OEM Wheels

All,

This is more or less an UPDATE to my old FOR SALE post that I had put forth several weeks ago.

With my never ending love for rare OEM/OEM+ parts - - - I have ended up with two sets of OEM 996 GT2 wheels... which I have been lucky to acquire over the course of the past several months.

Front: 18x8.5 +40mm 28LBS with part number 9963621361
Rear: 18x12.0 +45mm 33LBS with part number 99636214231

Both sets were NOT perfect, however, certainly were not terrible - - - all aesthetic scratches. I have had the wheels refinished by TS Powder Coating in York PA who does excellent work. I've had many sets of wheels done by them along with other parts over the years. The wheels were redone via Porsche Silver with a powder coated clearcoat. I had both sets refinished and my plan is to install one set on my 996. The other set - I will place up for sale and will keep if no legitimate bites.

Rather rare - doesn't seem as any available anywhere right this second (here, other forums, eBay, etc.).

Looking to get $3,700.00 OBO + shipping. Shipping will be in the $300-400 range via FedEx or, $100-200 via GreyHound (which I have used many times before for larger, heavier items with no issues).

The pictures will speak for the quality of the finish... and, glad to share more.

Best,
Paul

Old 08-06-2021, 08:40 AM
mnwild
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Nothing wrong with flipping but also nothing wrong with me sharing what I know for those who don’t like to buy flipped merchandise - one of the sets listed here was bought for $2000 a few months ago here on RL. I tried to buy them so yes, I'm a bit irritated someone who already had a set bought them to flip.

I don’t know, maybe refinishing costs $1700 up in MD but down here one of the top wheel repair shops in the country charges $800 for a set. They do all of Telsa’s wheels.

Also, dealer near me sells a brand new set for $4300.

Last edited by mnwild; 08-06-2021 at 10:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
pirahna (08-15-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 10:37 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,098 Posts

Originally Posted by mnwild
Nothing wrong with flipping but also nothing wrong with me sharing what I know for those who don’t like to buy flipped merchandise - one of the sets listed here was bought for $2000 a few months ago here on RL. I tried to buy them so yes, I'm a bit irritated someone who already had a set bought them to flip.

I don’t know, maybe refinishing costs $1700 up in MD but down here one of the top wheel repair shops in the country charges $800 for a set. They do all of Telsa’s wheels.

Capitalism. Nothing wrong with that....
Old 08-06-2021, 11:21 AM
sempaipaul
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mnwild

Boy... You've been going on and on about this for close to a month now! Got the original seller involved @MaxGarweg whom I purchased these from on my original thread. He told you off.... I later wrote out a whole summary of my expenses for the trip up to NJ to get these (I quote below) and you're STILL bitter Good stuff.

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Capitalism. Nothing wrong with that....
In case anyone is interested in the drama of my original for sale post PRIOR to having these refinished - please enjoy:

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1260678

mnwild has been providing entertainment for quite sometime now on this as I guess he deems I am making so much money on "flipping" these poor wheels

Here is an interesting bit aforementioned on the costs I've incurred with these wheels for everyone to know from my original post prior to having these refinished (for $800.00 if you must know)

I did by them off MaxGarweg back in the May timeframe. Paid the full asking price if you must know. Moreover - to set the record straight - had absolutely no intents of "flipping" them as per your commentary [@mnwild]. I have a 996 Turbo which has all the OEM GT2 bits with the exception of the wheels so - I finally had lucked out and purchased these for my car. I drove a 9 hour round trip to pick these up, spent close to $75 in tolls and about $125 in gas if you must know. I also went by the rest area and bought a couple of snacks and a Starbucks cup of coffee that was marked up about 93.5% vs. what they had purchased the ingredients for. When I got home - I took them to a local tire place. I had the tires removed to a tune of $25.00 EACH. Have receipt to share if you'd like or - can post it on here if you'd prefer.

I later lucked out AGAIN and found an another set. If you must know - I paid $2K flat for that one too. I purchased - well - - - because a lot of us are impulsive buyers with cars, parts, etc. I ONCE AGAIN drove to NJ, picked them up, got them home, took the rubber off of them. My out of pocket spend was about the same. I may have taken a different route through Philly this time around if I remember correctly so, saved on that initial NJ Turnpike entry toll.

Got both sets home and 2 months later it hit me that... I don't really need 2 sets of GT2 wheels. That said - - - I am selling "A SET". No specific wheel from one original seller nor the other. Haven't picked. Moreover - considering I am having at least one set refinished - I would give the best 4 wheels of the bunch that I have here in the buyers interest!

The $3.1K? well - that's actually probably VERY close to what I have in each of these sets between the time spent to pick them up, the above tolls, gas, snacks, and 93.5% marked up cup of Starbucks.

If they don't sell - - - they don't sell. Worst case scenario I'll have two FRESH sets of nicely refinished GT2 996 OEM wheels sitting in my garage.

-------

All that said and to (hopefully) finally move away from the drama - - - to those that are legitimately interested - please let me know! I would be happy to work with you! To everyone else - - - that wishes to tell me how their local dealer has these for sale for $4,300 - that's great! sounds like the dealer is still asking for $600 more + tax for a set that's painted from the factory and not powder coated with a powder coated clear for significantly better durability vs. original factory paint. I strongly urge you to go purchase that set of wheels for $4,300!

Regards,
Paul
The following users liked this post:
brontosaurus (08-06-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 11:40 AM
mnwild
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sempaipaul
Boy... You've been going on and on about this for close to a month now! Got the original seller involved @MaxGarweg whom I purchased these from on my original thread. He told you off.... I later wrote out a whole summary of my expenses for the trip up to NJ to get these (I quote below) and you're STILL bitter Good stuff.

In case anyone is interested in the drama of my original for sale post PRIOR to having these refinished - please enjoy:

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1260678

mnwild has been providing entertainment for quite sometime now on this as I guess he deems I am making so much money on "flipping" these poor wheels

Here is an interesting bit aforementioned on the costs I've incurred with these wheels for everyone to know from my original post prior to having these refinished (for $800.00 if you must know)

I did by them off MaxGarweg back in the May timeframe. Paid the full asking price if you must know. Moreover - to set the record straight - had absolutely no intents of "flipping" them as per your commentary [@mnwild]. I have a 996 Turbo which has all the OEM GT2 bits with the exception of the wheels so - I finally had lucked out and purchased these for my car. I drove a 9 hour round trip to pick these up, spent close to $75 in tolls and about $125 in gas if you must know. I also went by the rest area and bought a couple of snacks and a Starbucks cup of coffee that was marked up about 93.5% vs. what they had purchased the ingredients for. When I got home - I took them to a local tire place. I had the tires removed to a tune of $25.00 EACH. Have receipt to share if you'd like or - can post it on here if you'd prefer.

I later lucked out AGAIN and found an another set. If you must know - I paid $2K flat for that one too. I purchased - well - - - because a lot of us are impulsive buyers with cars, parts, etc. I ONCE AGAIN drove to NJ, picked them up, got them home, took the rubber off of them. My out of pocket spend was about the same. I may have taken a different route through Philly this time around if I remember correctly so, saved on that initial NJ Turnpike entry toll.

Got both sets home and 2 months later it hit me that... I don't really need 2 sets of GT2 wheels. That said - - - I am selling "A SET". No specific wheel from one original seller nor the other. Haven't picked. Moreover - considering I am having at least one set refinished - I would give the best 4 wheels of the bunch that I have here in the buyers interest!

The $3.1K? well - that's actually probably VERY close to what I have in each of these sets between the time spent to pick them up, the above tolls, gas, snacks, and 93.5% marked up cup of Starbucks.

If they don't sell - - - they don't sell. Worst case scenario I'll have two FRESH sets of nicely refinished GT2 996 OEM wheels sitting in my garage.

-------

All that said and to (hopefully) finally move away from the drama - - - to those that are legitimately interested - please let me know! I would be happy to work with you! To everyone else - - - that wishes to tell me how their local dealer has these for sale for $4,300 - that's great! sounds like the dealer is still asking for $600 more + tax for a set that's painted from the factory and not powder coated with a powder coated clear for significantly better durability vs. original factory paint. I strongly urge you to go purchase that set of wheels for $4,300!

Regards,
Paul
😂 you are nuts man. Seriously
Old 08-11-2021, 10:22 PM
sempaipaul
Rennlist Member

All - wheels are back from refinishing!

Porsche Silver with Powdercoated Clear

Old 10-04-2021, 08:25 PM
sempaipaul
Rennlist Member