Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Coilovers/Suspension for Track Driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 08:31 PM
Mtrboatvr6
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

This 100%. Im running JRZ remotes with 1000F/1100R spring rates on my turbo, and I find the car to ride better on the street than stock. When I ordered these I talked to John and was very skeptical about the rates being too stiff on the street when I do use the car there. Seems to handle the NT01s on the track very well. I can easily understand now what John is saying about rates. Good shocks are the best voodoo.
Originally Posted by powdrhound
Here are JRZ 12.32 3 ways at what has become a pretty bumpy track. Suspension is very well dampened with 2000 lb rates. I've found JRZ remote canister shocks even with relatively soft 1000 lbs springs to ride softer than stock OEM coilovers. Most guys are generally blown away when they experience it. I've found 1000lb is a great street/track choice for an R comp tire with JRZ remotes. For slicks if you will track the car with intensity and trailer, I would not go less than 1300-1500. There is an ingrained fear most people have of stiffer springs but with a quality motorsport remote canister shock, there are quantifiable benefits. I've run just about every permutation of springs rates from 700-2100 and have always found stiffer to perform better IF you have the right damper... Again, I'm talking track, not street use..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlE6-hp3m1g&t=77s

Quick Reply: Best Coilovers/Suspension for Track Driving