Sponsored by:

Oil change fill level

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koepke
Chris, I have one on my '01 Cup car, and just ordered one for my GT3.
easy to install, and use. part # 996 101 206 70, plus a bolt and nut. try TRG, or,
call Dave Bottom at Arlan Mtrspts 805 541 9777.
Have you confirmed that this part isn't already on your GT3? Mine is in the shop, so I couldn't look under it but I seem to remember it being there. It is certainly listed in PET as part of the engine case. In any event, based on where it is located, it seems like it would take a pretty long jack to get to it and still have room to maneuver the jack handle.

Karl
Old 10-21-2004, 11:15 PM
mds
Pro

Yes, it is on my car, but being tilted with respect to the ground I never realized that it was intended for jacking.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:30 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Ok, I'll have to think about something else while WAITING FOR MY GT3 TO BE BUILT. (I just can't help it.) I've been collecting thoughts about what modifications might make sense (GT3 seats, clear side marker lights, etc.) and otherwise obsessing about what the first few weeks will be like--break-in, first oil change, etc. I'll try to go to sleep now.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mds
Yes, it is on my car, but being tilted with respect to the ground I never realized that it was intended for jacking.
Mike, can you describe this jack point, or post an image of it? I poked my head under the engine yesterday but I was just not seeing it.....
Old 11-29-2004, 01:33 AM
mds
Pro

Chris, my car is in the shop, so I can't post a photo. Here is my recollection: First look at the bottom of the engine case at the joint where the two halfs are bolted together. Then follow this joint forward toward the rear sway bar. You should see a slightly golden colored bracket bolted to the engine case which slopes downward and forward. I recall it is mounted just behind the sway bar. The lower, forward edge of this bracket is the jack point.

Quick Reply: Oil change fill level