Sponsored by:

How many ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Scott 996
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many ??

I am trying to get a handle on the availbility of the GT3 in the US going forward. I know from lurking on this board that there was X amount of cars projected for US release, that there has been a delay in this production ( presumably due to the popularity of the RS), and this may change total numbers arriving here. Does anybody know the current status of this ??
I am in the market for one of these cars and want to know whether or not I need to jump on an available car, grab a remaining allocation, or wait a while ???
Suggestions ??
Old 02-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Scott: There's been no official word on why the delay or why the delivery rate so far will fall far short of the 750 reported to be allocated for North America. PCNA and Porsche AG are not the most communicative companies out there. As for waiting a while, what do you think that's going to get you other than the chance to not be the original owner? There's always going to be a used market but you lose the ability to spec exactly the options you want.

P.S> I sent you a PM about cars at your local dealer. Did you receive it?
Old 02-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Scott 996
Intermediate

Steve--
Just checked and sent you a PM in return..
Old 02-24-2004, 10:09 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 526 Likes on 349 Posts

Its impossible to know the number of GT3s they will produce for the US, PORSCHE doesnt commit or keep their word anymore, they build to suit, no concern for costumer value anymore, just realize that going in.

Quick Reply: How many ??