Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few quick pics w/K58s

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 11:35 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob, Where did you get the wire mesh grill covers??? Did you install them yourself???
Old 02-17-2004, 01:22 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rockitman
Bob, Where did you get the wire mesh grill covers??? Did you install them yourself???
They are Cargraphic grills that I had bought for my old car with the old style GT3 nose. I had to bend them and reshape to fit the new car but wasn't too bad. I installed myself in a couple of hours. Personally - I go back and forth on the looks but if they keep the leaves out and the car doesn't overheat from reduced airflow then I'll probably keep them.

Also - you could do this a LOT cheaper yourself if you are feeling industrious. Just buy some of that extruded aluminum mesh (I think that's what it's called) and then shape it over the inside. I had to do significant bending and stretching to get it to fit and it was no problem.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:57 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Bob... I like the fabrication idea. The cargraphic ones are overpriced, imo....but what's new in the Porsche after market biz...
Old 02-17-2004, 05:56 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rockitman
Thanks Bob... I like the fabrication idea. The cargraphic ones are overpriced, imo....but what's new in the Porsche after market biz...
WAAAY overpriced. I was actually pretty mad when they arrived and I saw what they were. I intended to return them but left town afterwards and then time got away from me.

Quick Reply: A few quick pics w/K58s