Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 662 Likes on 420 Posts
Default ► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy

The APEX 18” Porsche Wheel Group Buy is now officially closed.

VISIT THE GROUP BUY PAGE HERE

Thousands of you took our survey and shared invaluable information that influenced what’s included in this deal. We're happy to announce that our Porsche pre-order Group Buy is now live.

The ability to bring these wheels to fruition is dependent on your pre-order Group Buy participation. We're committed to each specific fitment and finish so long as there is enough interest for each. This Group Buy allows you to pre-order with the potential for the deepest discounts we'll ever offer. You can view all sizes, pricing, and details on the Group Buy site linked below. Participate, spread the word, and rejoice that our Porsche wheels are finally near.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here, reach out directly, or submit them through the Group Buy platform.

Thinking about waiting to join until your discount is hit? Don’t do that!
We always recommend getting your pledge in as early as possible. The system in no way rewards watching the deal and joining late. The whole purpose of the pledge system is to allow you to join with confidence and security even within the first minute of the deal accepting payment. You’ll never have to pay more than you’re willing to - even if you’re the first participant. Pledging is risk free!

How do I participate?
Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GangUp.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?
All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels.

What if I have some questions?
No problem! You can simply contact us by clicking “Message Vendor” on the deal page or via eric@apexraceparts.com. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience a delay for responses.

What’s different about our Group Buy?
Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a very manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GangUp.com where you can pay, follow, and discuss the deal’s status.

Want to see how they look?

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 07-05-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:37 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

I have ordered a set in anthracite for my dad's GT2, he's excited to get them!
Old 05-17-2018, 07:20 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by spiller
I have ordered a set in anthracite for my dad's GT2, he's excited to get them!
Excellent news, thank you for your participation! We have more than enough interest to reach the maximum discount of $300 off if everyone pledges.

For other enthusiasts that haven't done so already - configure your set, select your preferences, and join the gang! With a little over one month remaining, take advantage of the largest discounts that we'll ever offer.

Once you’ve shown your interest, you must come back and “pledge” your interest to secure your desired set(s) on the Group Buy page. Submitting interest without pledging doesn’t reserve you any product - it just lets you stay in touch with the deal; similar to watching an eBay auction. With the ability to choose your discount tier, there is no risk to pledging and no reward from waiting. We’re allocating sets and shipping them in the order pledges are received, so pledging early is recommended.

Our latest APEX blog post sheds some light on the SM-10's knurled bead. Check it out HERE!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:51 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

No probs, happy to support a great company. You supplied a set for my Mustang GT and they were fantastic quality for the price. Do the Porsche wheels work with the factory lug bolts?
Old 05-21-2018, 05:37 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by spiller
No probs, happy to support a great company. You supplied a set for my Mustang GT and they were fantastic quality for the price. Do the Porsche wheels work with the factory lug bolts?
Thank you for the kind words and your continual support. You can certainly look forward to the same APEX quality in our Porsche wheels.

Yes, our Porsche wheels work with the factory bolts and center-caps, too.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!
Old 06-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Now is the time to show your interest and submit your pledge in our pre-order Group Buy. Although you have until 6/28 to officially submit your pledge, getting your pledge in before the payment phase opens is recommended. The payment phase opens in one week and will run through Thursday 6/28 at 11:59PDT. We typically see an influx of pledges during the payment phase as it is the last opportunity to participate in this deal. Keep in mind that we’re allocating inventory and shipping product in the order of which pledges are received.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:18 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Our Group Buy payment phase is here! This is your last opportunity to participate in this Group Buy.

Click here to join!

A note to those that clicked “I’m Interested” during the feeler phase, this does not mean you are part of this deal. You must submit your pledge to guarantee your spot and have an impact on the discount tiers. We typically see a rush of buyers in the payment phase of every Group Buy, and with the ability to choose your own minimum required discount, there is no risk in pledging. Your order will not be processed unless we reach your desired discount level. Get your pledge in today to secure your preferred finish and receive our first batch of APEX Porsche wheels months before others.

We’ve constructed our 18” Porsche SM-10 to fit the enormous 380mm rotor, 6-piston Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes (PCCB).

With 450RWHP, the SM-10’s knurled bead minimizes unwanted tire rotation, the reinforced inner lip combats its rear weight bias, and the I-beam spoke concavity ensures proper weight distribution and a stunning appearance.

This 987.2 is outfitted with 18x9” ET46 front and 18x10” ET36 rear SM-10 wheels which are wrapped in 255/35-18 front and 275/35-18 rear Toyo R888 tires. This wheel and tire combination is complemented by KW Clubsport coilovers and Tarett suspension components.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:25 PM
KenW
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Close but until I know that the rear 12" don't rub, even with a true track alignment, I'm remaining on the shelf.
11.5" would be my preference. Standing by....
Old 06-27-2018, 03:06 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by KenW
Close but until I know that the rear 12" don't rub, even with a true track alignment, I'm remaining on the shelf.
11.5" would be my preference. Standing by....
I know a few of us track guys pushed for a 9.5 / 11.5 fitment but it didn't make the cut. I can't say I blame them they wouldn't have sold a ton of sets in that fitment but I too was hoping for the best.

that 12" is basically the same as what CCW offers in 12" fitment for our cars (within 1mm offset) but it's still aggressive and depending on a number of factors could absolutely rub.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:22 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
I know a few of us track guys pushed for a 9.5 / 11.5 fitment but it didn't make the cut. I can't say I blame them they wouldn't have sold a ton of sets in that fitment but I too was hoping for the best.

that 12" is basically the same as what CCW offers in 12" fitment for our cars (within 1mm offset) but it's still aggressive and depending on a number of factors could absolutely rub.
Correct. Many 6/3 enthusiasts looking for maximum sidewall support with 315's run the 18x12" ET65/63 out back, however the extra width achieved may come with a little preemptive work to ensure the tires do not rub under compression. Every car will be a little different depending on tire brand and size, vehicle ride height, alignment spec's and even spring rates.

If one is looking for a direct bolt on solution, with 100% certainty no modifications will be required, the 18x11" ET60 is the right choice. The 11" wheel will support 295, 305 and 315 compounds as well.

It was not feasible to offer an 11", 11.5" and 12" wheel for NB 996 owners as each has it's own minimum production requirement and we believe the two widths mentioned above cover the communities needs given the tire specifications at hand.

On that note, the deal has successfully reached the max discount tier off $300 off + Free Shipping*. We will continue accepting pledges/orders until the deal closes tonight, at 11:59 PM PST. Congratulations to everyone who joined!

Join The Deal Here

- Ryan

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 06-28-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Closing Update

The deal was a success with just over 75 pledges and the max discount tier reached. We received enough demand to produce all proposed wheel fitments in almost all finish options. We’re currently working on final allocations and invoicing which will be complete by tomorrow.

Please note the following fitments will not be available in Race Silver due to very low demand:
  • SM-10 18x11” ET60
  • SM-10 18x12” ET45
  • SM-10 18x12” ET65
If you picked one of these sizes in Race Silver and selected no backup option then you’ll get an email or call from one of us. Many people change their mind when deciding between cancelling their order vs accepting an alternative finish. We’d like to give the few of you affected by this a final chance to reconsider. If you selected a backup finish for these sizes, no further action is required, and you’ll see which backup color you’re getting on your final invoice. Those invoices will go out very soon.

Thank you for your participation, and we look forward to getting wheels into your hands.

- Ryan

Quick Reply: ► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy