Sponsored by:

Front Caliper Pin

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 05:27 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Front Caliper Spring Pin - Update

Well, I took off the wheel and right away could see the pin was still in the caliper. However, it looks like it was out a little vs the bottom pin. I moved the pad a little and was able to align the rod again. The rod goes in about 95% otherwise it is too close to the rotor. I made sure the top and bottom rods were in the same place visually. Next, I took a pointer and hammered In the pin with a soft hammer. I believe the rod is now secure. I tried to move by hand and was not able to move the rod in or out. I am not 100% sure it is resolved, but it looks like it could be solved.

I have the before and after images which you will able to see the pin sticking out a little and in the after image inside the opening.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:43 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I AM SUPER IMPRESSED > THE PIN WAS STILL THERE ! So glad for you. The pin on mine seem almost fusion welded from so many heat cycles. Your lucky day.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:48 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Front Caliper Pin Update -2

Well sometimes you get lucky, and the pin was still in the caliper. I believe it resolved the issue, but will not know until I get the car back on the track. It is something that is difficult to actually test. I tried to push/pull the rod out by hand, but it is not like I used pliers to attempt to pull it out.

I don't believe the pin will come out (banged it in pretty good with rubber hammer) which does not guarantee the rod will stay in. I probably should have tried to pull it out just to see if that was possible. The visible surface of the pin looked warn down. However, since I have never seen what a new one looks like I had nothing to compare and verify against. Also, it seems the pin does not cover the whole surface. I can't see how the top of the rod is covered with the pin

Picture is before I put the rod in and hammered in the pin
. The metal was only on the bottom - see the attached picture.

Quick Reply: Front Caliper Pin