I want to introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 09:02 AM
_Joachim_
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I want to introduce myself

Hello Porsche driver,
I'm new to this forum and want to introduce myself.
I've been driving Porsche for about 20 years. My first was a red 964 C2, then a blue 993 Tatra and now a black 996 GT3 MK2, and I do not think I'll sell it again!
Over the years, I've mutated from the 11th freak to the motorsport freak, but I can not part with the 911.
First I completed driving safety training, then trackdays, drifting a bit and then I drove slalom races. In the meantime, I only drive track days. Hockenheimring, Nordschleife and anneau du rhin and a few other racetracks.
On my Porsche, I've changed a lot, the exhaust system, a one-mass flywheel and a sports clutch from Sachs. This winter, I have new drive shafts installed and let on the occasion, the gearbox or the bevel gear to convert the Cup translation.
I have not been able to test it yet since it is deregistered until April, it's winter.
I can tell you that I'm keen on it. I think that I will first go to the Nordschleife.
I have already read some interesting and valuable contributions from you and I am pleased to know what's going on on your continent.

Motorsports Greetings from Germany.​​​​​​

​​​​​

​​​​​
Old 04-01-2018, 10:28 AM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist 996 GT3 board! There is lots of experience here, and many helpful people as well.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:40 AM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Welcome !!
Good to have representation from "The Motherland". It will be interesting to share cross-continent knowledge.

To that point... (maybe I should start another thread...)
WHAT'S YOUR GUIDANCE AROUND AXLES?
What would be a good rule of thumb for changing these? I only know of one incident that was related to axle failure.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 75 Posts

willkommen heißen!
Old 04-01-2018, 02:27 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 112 Posts

Welcome. Great looking car. Keep an eye on those cross drilled front rotors on the track. They tend to go quickly if driven hard.

Quick Reply: I want to introduce myself