GT3 watch

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 08:34 PM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is really a perfect GT3 watch IMHO

IWC Cellini 25th Anniversary perpetual calender portugeuse (limited to 25 pieces):

Last edited by LonnieR; 02-12-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:21 PM
jim911
Racer

Default Rockitmans Mariner watch

I like that Mariner watch idea, however is it good for a 23" deep bathtub?
Old 01-24-2004, 02:25 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gt3 watch arrives

Finally after much effort, my perfect timepiece for precise time keeping in the GT3 has arrived. It is a limited edition Blancpain Flyback Chronograph in 18k red gold, 37 jewel Frederic Piguet movement. It is the thinnest chronograph movement in the world. It's serial number is 67 out of 250. It's
a wonderful watch... :-)

Old 01-24-2004, 03:04 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Talking Beautiful Pieces!

Wow, you guys have just given me a great insight into a world I have never really looked at before, all all my spare $$ goes into my cars. Those are some extraordianry, and stunning watches. Thanks for posting the pix and links. :-)

I use a simple black faced Zenith chrono. The Zenith movement was used in the Daytona for almost 30 years, and they now put it in their own chrono, it's clean, simple, works great as my stop watch at the track.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:35 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Zenith is a great watch!!! I did not realize that my Daytona used their El Premiero movement. Thanks for the info. Watch's are great!!! It's a nice way to diversify one's spending from just on P-cars... :-)
Old 01-24-2004, 11:08 PM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

rockitman,

That is one gorgeous watch! Great choice. I have seen it in steel and titanium, but not in red gold. Wherever did you find it?

Personally, I like it best of the many you have posted as possibilities.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:26 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by privates8
rockitman,

That is one gorgeous watch! Great choice. I have seen it in steel and titanium, but not in red gold. Wherever did you find it?

Personally, I like it best of the many you have posted as possibilities.
Thank you!!! I owe some credit to Bill_C4S who suggested a Blancpain earlier in this thread. At that time I was not familiar with the brand. While I almost pulled the trigger on a UN...after visiting a few watch forums and doing research on the major swiss watchmaker's, I finally began to like Blancpain. While their history of watchmaking was interupted for some years after the quartz watch onslaught, it was their philosophy and watchmaking history going back to 1735 that caught my interest. When they were reborn and partnered with Frederic Piguet, the fabled movement manufaturer, they have once again risen to the top echelon of watchmaking with the likes of Audemars Piguet, Patek, Brequet and Lange.

I found this watch through a dealer in North Carolina who had purchased the watch from an Authorized Blancpain dealer in Europe. The watch was new old stock....It's not a current model configuration and is about three years old. It was never worn or broken in and I was able to aquire it for 31% off the retail of $14,300.
Note: I got 31% off, not 45% as previously posted

Last edited by rockitman; 01-25-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:39 PM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the details Christian.

What a great purchase. I will have to keep my eyes open as I would do that deal for those dollars in a heartbeat on that watch.

I was looking into purchasing a Flyback Chronograph in the near future as I, too, was taken by the history of craftmanship and precision that the partnering of Blancpain with Piguet brings together(It is also one heck of a gorgeous watch!) .

No doubt, you have set the standard for the GT3 watch!
Old 01-26-2004, 01:25 AM
DealMan
Advanced

A few years ago I bought a unique watch built by Hublot, which was one of the first companies to use natural rubber in the wrist strap. I have a blue face chronograph which I have been very happy with and enjoy having something different. Here is a link to one of their latest watches: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/about...ses/hublot.asp
Old 01-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Sheesh, I thought I had stumbled onto the www.timzone.com! Rockit, I'm with you on two counts. I have a Blancpain Flyback in titanium - thin light very accurate and highly readable. I sold my Cosmograph because I have a hard time reading the darn thing in low light. Readability counts! When I am not chrono-ing I wear a UN Blue Max in Red gold on a blue rubber strap. Thick but oh so pretty. For movements the Blancpain win out by virture of the Piguet 1185 mechanicals.

Hmm if I ever buy a Porsche dealership I think I need a high end watch concession inside.

Regards,
Old 01-26-2004, 08:21 PM
jim911
Racer

Default now your talking!

Now your talking! Can you imagine a Porsche boutique with guality merchandise?
Old 01-26-2004, 09:45 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

"UN Blue Max in Red gold"
Very Nice watch Bob...Very rare and exclusive!!! I drooled over that watch for quite some time. I like the idea of a fine watch boutique in a Porsche showroom.

Here is some good watch humor I ran across the other day...
What's the difference between Heaven and Hell?

In Heaven, the cops are English, the mechanics are German, the cooks are French, the lovers are Italian, and the whole place is run by the Swiss.

In Hell, on the other hand, the cops are German, the mechanics are French, the cooks are English, the lovers are Swiss, and the whole place is run by the Italians.

Rene Shelly
Old 01-26-2004, 10:17 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

OK guys, lost me there, can you add a picture or a link for the uninitiated please!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by rockitman
Zenith is a great watch!!! I did not realize that my Daytona used their El Premiero movement. Thanks for the info. Watch's are great!!! It's a nice way to diversify one's spending from just on P-cars... :-)
The older Daytona 4030 has the modified El Primero movements. Albeit highly modified in house, slowed to 28.8 and some main spring details. The newer Daytona 4130 has been designed and built inhouse. Both great movements.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:53 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by macfly

OK guys, lost me there, can you add a picture or a link for the uninitiated please!
Not the best picture. There are only 350 of the Blue Max in gold. 999 in steel. Gold, I have seen it for $14K.

Last edited by rockitman; 09-19-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: GT3 watch