Starts without MAF barely idles

Old 01-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Gofishracing
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 01-21-2018, 05:34 PM
kgorman
Super User

I ended up noticing the electrical on the old pump was cracked and falling apart. I decided on a new pump (996-620-133-00) from Sunset. Finally found time to install it and got it all back together and no go! just cranks forever.

So I jumper the fuel pump relay and put a hose on the output of the pump into a fuel jug. No gas!

So I start taking the pump out again figuring I did something stupid when I notice the connector on the level sensor for the output side inside the tank doesn't fit with a good seal. Then I realize the old connectors are one unit, the new connectors are single - the old way was to key them by locking them together, this new pump has different fittings!

So so I can order a new fuel level sender but I have no way of knowing if it has the new style connectors. I could also cut off the old connectors and reuse them, I do have the proper brand/style of hose clamps to duplicate the clamps. I was going to keep my old fuel pump as a spare just in case the cups crapped out, so I don't really want to cut off the connectors if I don't have to.

I think I need part 996-620-801-90 for the new sender. I just don't know if the connectors match my new pump.

hrm....

Old 01-21-2018, 05:56 PM
kgorman
Super User

I may have spoke too soon.. it appears that pump is a turbo/c4s part number! Not sure if they sent me the wrong one or I goofed. It appears then I need to get a new pump or change out the connectors.

Unless there is a reason I shouldn't use a c4s/turbo pump, they otherwise look the exact same
Old 01-23-2018, 12:13 PM
serickson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just ordered a new pump from Sunset Porsche. I was told correct part number is 996-620-103-90. I originally had wrong number they corrected it based on the VIN. 3-4 weeks from Germany.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:38 PM
kgorman
Super User

I just wanted to post an update. It took a while for the new pump to show up from Germany, then I found some time to put it in. She's all up and running and man she is sweet. Took her for a quick run before the rain.

I think I will take the c4 pump and the old pump and mix them to create a good franken pump for the cup as a spare.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:27 PM
Kistle
User

Thanks for the update. Good info. Any pics of the different connectors on the two pumps, and how you might franken them together?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Starts without MAF barely idles

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: