Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3-RS worth almost 100K more than GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comparing a black market joke priced RS with GT3 is a pointless exercise. As RS points out £15K is the real price difference and as such is good value.

You US boys would jump all over the RS.......if you could!
Old 12-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

now Yanks, we can't start moaning about no RS or fixed **** will wee wee all over us again. My note to the UK GT3 site is not moaning:

"Speaking of Righteous Outrage and Indignation, We Americanos are truly outraged that YET F.G AGAIN the RS version comes not stateside. Please abstain from more of the typical fallen English Empire commentary about the RS's unsuitability for ramps at McDonald's etc.

Toweringly miffed at being left in the lurch by Porsche of Malibu"

sniveling but not moaning.

Steve,

yes, having now experienced GT3 suspension, 04 GT2 may have some value. My PCNA exec friend confirms new GT2 has all the suspension improvements of the GT3. it should be nifty.

Les,

i have no interest in converted cars and that FL car is over priced, why not just a get the 04 Gt2 instead? window is 193, i've found one under but am seeking more [as expected].

Have you or anyone else got a Gallardo yet? am starting to like it... wonder if it holds up on the track better than the Murcie.

Rockit,

it wont work: it can not be justified away. we deserve the RS and it's definitely worth having. Strongly doubt however, it's worth living in England for!!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Madcaplaughs
Advanced

it wont work: it can not be justified away. we deserve the RS and it's definitely worth having. Strongly doubt however, it's worth living in England for!!!!
Sorry Watt but having picked up my RS today I can confirm that this RS work of genius is definately worth living in the UK for!
Old 12-05-2003, 08:44 PM
ADOGNY
Racer

Of course you would say that MAD CAPS.. Dont get me started again...
Old 12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by watt
At the moment we looking at the suspension. It is totally different to the standard GT3. The Hubs, wisbones, pick up points and cradles are straight off the Lemans 24hr (and American lemans) racing car. They are fitted to the RS so that it can be homologated and therefore the RSR's in the FIA GT series can run the suspension. The good news is that it's 100% competition orientated and far better than the cup suspension, the bad news is it will cost thousands to upgrade a standard GT3 to RS suspension spec and that's if the mounting points are the same which it don't look like they are. The cost of the suspension bits alone could be more the the difference in price between the two cars.
I am not sure if this is correct. All the differences I see in the suspension area are different front and rear wheel carriers, front dampers, front springs and the front stabilizer bar. I don't see anything else that doesn't share a part number with the standard GT3.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by Madcaplaughs
Sorry Watt but having picked up my RS today I can confirm that this RS work of genius is definately worth living in the UK for!
madcap,

you pommie b_st-rd!!! you better tell us all about it. f.ck porsche for not giving us that car. everything i hear syas it's a massive step up from gt3
Old 12-05-2003, 10:43 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nothing is worth living in the UK for, spent 22 years there!
Old 12-06-2003, 11:03 AM
clord
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Viken....Check out the rear RS suspension. It also has the following parts unique to the RS (M 004 option):

Wheel carrier
Side Panel (the chassis side suspension pick up points)
Dampers
Brake Protective Plates

Conclusion: the rear geometry may be different from the regular Mk II GT3 too.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by clord
Hey Viken....Check out the rear RS suspension. It also has the following parts unique to the RS (M 004 option):

Wheel carrier
Side Panel (the chassis side suspension pick up points)
Dampers
Brake Protective Plates

Conclusion: the rear geometry may be different from the regular Mk II GT3 too.
Sorry, I did miss the side panel in my above post, but I don't see a difference in the dampers, springs and stabilizer bar between the two cars.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

As in the past, when one digs into the differences of the special Porshes, the details are remarkable and more than what they at first seemed.

Wheher or not the car is driven to potential by it's owner, or "needed" for street use (one could question even needing a GT3 for street use using the same argument), the GT3 RS is a useful extension of the whole "racing car for the street" philosophy of the GT3.

Porsche continues to withhold the best stuff from the US market, just when it looked like we would be getting what the rest of the world does, after all these years. Another promise broken.....
Old 12-06-2003, 01:20 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Cupcar
Porsche continues to withhold the best stuff from the US market, just when it looked like we would be getting what the rest of the world does, after all these years. Another promise broken.....
The man that made the promise, Fred Schwab, left PCNA before the GT3RS release.

PS: I read somewhere the GT3 has a PCCC..?
Old 12-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Madcaplaughs
Advanced

Originally posted by MetalSolid
The man that made the promise, Fred Schwab, left PCNA before the GT3RS release.

If you are referring to the ceramic brakes, the GT3 and GT3RS has them as an option only.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:22 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Viken - where are you getting this info? from the shop manuals?...Just wondering if it's showing up in there yet.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by MetalSolid
The GT3RS street car doesn't have the composite ceramic clutch (PCCC) as on the Carrera GT but it does have a single-mass flywheel.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Originally posted by Steve in FL
The GT3RS street car doesn't have the composite ceramic clutch (PCCC) as on the Carrera GT but it does have a single-mass flywheel.
...Which makes it sound like the worlds most expensive tractor!

On the subject of suspension, I would seriously consider fitting a set of the Pirelli Corsa's to a GT3 before embarking on a possibly difficult and expensive suspension upgrade.

They really have a massive amount of grip and can quite easily bog down the engine if you don't dial in enough revs.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has, or plans to try out these tyres.

Regards

P.

Quick Reply: GT3-RS worth almost 100K more than GT3