996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 Rodent Damage

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 113 Posts

The two wires that are going to the banks with the red pieces are your O2 sensors. May make sense to just buy new o2 sensors. I have read that it is not good to splice them.

I think one of them may be the the connector for the electrics in the deck lid.

I'll look tonight to confirm.

If you end up needing a complete engine wiring harness, I have one from a 2000 C4. I may also have some of the other pieces, but I don't want to step on JFerrante's toes.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:01 AM
Scott Bell
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O2 Sensor wires are good. They went to something else.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:44 AM
Scott Bell
Intermediate

JFerrante couldn't help. If you work backwards from the engine harness connectors there is a branch out of the main harness that feeds the AFM and the rest is missing. Ideally I need from the main harness out with all the plugs.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:25 AM
BarryParks
1st Gear

Scott Bell, It may be rodents that would have chewed your wires. Have you suspected any possible signs near by your car. You should also check that from where the rodents enter your car. Are there rats in your home. You should call some professional like Pest Control Hamden CT or any other that you can easily find online that can help you inspect the car and can possibly tell you that the damage, rodents have done is up to, which level and they can help you get rid of them so that the rodents could not damage it more.

Quick Reply: 996 Rodent Damage