Sponsored by:

Completely stumped-driver's door lock

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Received 415 Likes on 194 Posts
Default Completely stumped-driver's door lock

This is driving me crazy. Hopefully one of you guys have the answer. When I bought my car I was aware there was an issue with the driver side door lock. What would happen is if I locked the door, either with the fob, the key or the button on the dash it would take about 10-15 tries to get the driver door to unlock again. For this reason I would never lock my car.

So today I replaced the door lock actuator. Now I'm getting the opposite effect. When I go to lock the door the it seems to try to lock and then immediately unlocks. So now I have no fear of the driver door not unlocking like I had before. Now it won't lock at all. Cycles right back to unlocked. If I turn the key in the door and hold it to the right the pass side will stay locked. Doesn't cycle back to unlocked. Except the driver door will not be locked. Maybe I need to post a you tube vid to help explain.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Here's a vid. Maybe this helps explain it.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Splitting Atoms
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Do you get a short double beep on the horn when you open the drivers door? My car is doing somethin similar. If I lock it, it will immediately unlock almost every time. There are several micro switches and a circuit board in each door that control the central locking. You have an open circuit that is likely either a bad micro switch, or a bad solder joint in a circuit board. I spoke to the previous owner of my car and he thinks the circuit board in the passenger door of my car is bad, so I will inspect it under magnification and see what I can see. I am sure there are other failures associated with this system that I am not aware of yet.

Edit. the video is exactly the symptoms I am having. Unfortunately, there are no solutions in the video.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Yep. I'm getting the 2 short beeps when it unlocks. Where is the circuit board in the door? Is it at the other end of the wiring connector that plugs into the door lock actuator? Is it easily accessible?
Old 06-04-2017, 07:37 PM
Splitting Atoms
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Bash Hat
Yep. I'm getting the 2 short beeps when it unlocks. Where is the circuit board in the door? Is it at the other end of the wiring connector that plugs into the door lock actuator? Is it easily accessible?
Not sure. It will be a few weeks before I dive into it. I will definitely update when I figure it out.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:00 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Take it down to the dealership and have them plug it into the PST2 it should have a readout of all the errors/problems you might have.

Door/alarm ECU is under the passenger seat might be faulty.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:00 PM
ECU Doctors
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Check the interior door handle to see if it is springing back into it's fully closed position.

This is a common problem that may cause what you are experiencing.

Also check your fault codes.

Stay in touch.

Quick Reply: Completely stumped-driver's door lock