swapped out my speedtech headers for a set of AWE's

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 12:32 AM
Hotrodaxel1976
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
Yes headers will bolt to stock exhaust.
Do your homework before you buy a set of headers.
996 headers run from $139 - $2000.
Some are made by the same vendor and rebranded, there is one vendor selling to 4 different performance brand names, and yes a $700 spread in price, same header .
You can actually copy jpeg resize and see the same weld pops and tubing bends in the photos.
Before you buy, ask the seller country of origin? They have to tell you if you ask.
They may state, made with German steel, then not tell you where that German steel was sent to be manufactured into exhaust parts.
Thailand, China and Japan produces a lot of headers, cats and mufflers that are sold under Italian and German brand names.
Go for long primary tube and a proper collector.
David
Wow, Great at information David. I've noticed exactly what your talking about online with pricing. It seems if I'm going to run just a straight header with o2 sensor at the header and one at the tips. Then Ill properly spring for a good set, something with equally length bends with The least welding. Something like you say with a good collector. Then I'll have a muffler shop do the rest. I like the ideas of the sport bike silencer also mentioned above.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:20 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotrodaxel1976
Wow, Great at information David. I've noticed exactly what your talking about online with pricing. It seems if I'm going to run just a straight header with o2 sensor at the header and one at the tips. Then Ill properly spring for a good set, something with equally length bends with The least welding. Something like you say with a good collector. Then I'll have a muffler shop do the rest. I like the ideas of the sport bike silencer also mentioned above.
Make sure there is a return policy!
I purchased a set of headers along with CAI. From a very well known performance company in England.
Those %%$## &&^^_, actually photo shopped the pictures of thier primary tubes on thier headers.
They arrived at my home and 1 tube on each bank with a weld seem where it had been pieced in before the collector.
I used thier own photos to force a return via my PayPal account.
It still cost me $140 in return shipping, lesson learned.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Hotrodaxel1976
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone please tell me about OBX headers with O2 bung, any experience? From EBay

Quick Reply: swapped out my speedtech headers for a set of AWE's