Sponsored by:

Goofy Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 05:49 PM
RickMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Goofy Problem

For the record, I searched several sites and found plenty of similar issues, but not this one - which is a little weird. A couple of weeks ago, my ABS and PSM off lightss came on during hard acceleration onto a freeway on ramp. There were no codes and when I turned the vehicle off and back on the lights reset. With a bit of experimentation, I have found that I can get them to come on under hard acceleration (over 5.5k rpm - typically in 2nd gear) pretty much every time. So far, no codes and the lights always reset.

The only thing I've changed were recently some new wheels and tires, otherwise everything is the same. Any ideas?

As an aside, I have a spare MAF that I bought during a troubleshooting session over a year ago. I may swap it in to see what happens, but the car otherwise seems to be running fine.

R

Last edited by RickMiller; 04-08-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 04-20-2017, 10:57 PM
RickMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Long story short, I finally swapped out my MAF and it looks like that did the trick. In the last couple of weeks, I could trigger the lights pretty much at will in any gear as long I got to 5k rpm. Although I never really detected any power loss, a nice side benefit has been a smoother running engine - can't wait to take it for an extended run this weekend!
Old 04-21-2017, 11:46 AM
C4CRNA
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I had same problem and after many searches found a mention of this being the problem. MAF threw all sorts of weird codes abs, O2 heater. None since I changed it out years ago.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

Yup, MAF. had the exact issue, did throw codes though.........
Old 04-22-2017, 02:37 PM
mlee2122
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was a good reminder for me to check and clean my MAF. Glad i did... it was dirty and after a good cleaning seems to idle smoother.

Quick Reply: Goofy Problem