Sponsored by:

Shops / meetups in Denver

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Andrewck
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shops / meetups in Denver

Girlfriend accepted a role in Denver and I figured it was a good time to make a change and leave the Midwest. We will be relocating sometime mid-summer.

Other than the fact that I'll need some kind of employment, my real concern is what's going to happen with my car? Can anybody recommend a good shop in the area (we will be living downtown)? Also are there cars and coffee, or other meetups that are staples of the region? I'll check with Mountain Region PCA about local events, but I'd love to find a group of Porsche people in the area.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts

3Zero3 Motorsports does good work but charges as much as the dealer. I've got other issues with them and have been looking for another indy shop but I keep coming back. We also have 2 dealers in town. Stevenson and Prestige. I've used both but prefer Prestige. They are a bit cheaper and will give you a P-car as a loaner instead of a crappy rental.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

Storz garage has been in the indy Porsche repair business forever in Denver. PCA/RMR is very active. You have 3 road course tracks within 1-2 hours of Denver. High Plains Raceway (HPR), Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR-infield course), and Pueblo Motorsports Park (PMP).

HPR is good and technical w/ a lot of elevation change. It is not a very good momentum track IMO and it takes a bit of work to drive it well.

PPIR is basically a NASCAR track w/ an infield loop. It's not very good and the infield gets jammed up w/ traffic usually.

PMP is a really fun track that rewards momentum. It is relatively flat w/ some challenging corners. I can drive almost the entire track in one gear except for the straightaway which makes it a lot of fun. IMO this track is the most fun one in Colorado.

As far as I know the biggest C&C event in the Denver area is up in Broomfield/Louisville.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:23 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 783 Posts

I have been a 3zero3 customer for years. They are great, and they don't charge as much as the dealer. I've had great experiences with Prestige Imports too if you want to go the dealer route.

The Rocky Mountain Region of PCA is quite active, and they do a great job. The Porsche Breakfast Club meets every month and does lots of drives; it's another great group. Our first tour of the season takes place this weekend.

Colorado is a great state for a Porsche owner.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:30 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu

As far as I know the biggest C&C event in the Denver area is up in Broomfield/Louisville.
It 's currently in Lafayette, first Saturday of every month. 355 W. South Boulder Rd., Lafayette 80026

Rocky Mountain Region is very active, at least once a month socials, lots of drives in the summer, and a lot of track/xcross events.

Economy is very strong, but the real estate market (rent or buy) is way up.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Andrewck
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
It 's currently in Lafayette, first Saturday of every month. 355 W. South Boulder Rd., Lafayette 80026

Rocky Mountain Region is very active, at least once a month socials, lots of drives in the summer, and a lot of track/xcross events.

Economy is very strong, but the real estate market (rent or buy) is way up.
Look forward to seeing you out there.

Yup, I'm not expecting any break in housing costs coming from Chicago. Quality of life should be a lot better for somebody who likes to be outside.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Jace Stout at Black Canyon Performance does good work.

no comment on 3zero3...

Quick Reply: Shops / meetups in Denver