Small Evaporative System Leak (P0456) - parts replace, still present

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 09:13 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Small Evaporative System Leak (P0456) - parts replace, still present

I have a recurring CEL. I have replaced the gas and the vent valve already. When sitting at a stop light for an extended time (1 min+) after driving I can detect the scent of fuel vapour in the cabin. It seems, but not scientifically verified, that it's more discernible when the the car is on a slope.

I am thinking that the valve I got might be defective. Any suggestions for other items to replace while I am in there?
Old 03-26-2017, 06:58 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

do a full smoke test on the car. YouTube has a lot of useful info. Probably a small vacuum leak which are very hard to detect. With the engine running it shows several ways to find a leak. Propane or brake cleaner liquid. You might want to check the bottom hose of the AOS which you can see from under the car up high near the back drivers wheel. Its an accordion short rubber boot that tends to weep oil. If it weeps oil then it can suck air in there and into the crankcase. Good luck. You will need plenty of luck to find a small leak. Let us know if you find the leak. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Did you figure this out? I have the same code and rough idle
Old 05-06-2017, 10:24 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,192 Likes on 762 Posts

I would start by checking all of the components related to the fuel system and evap system located under the battery tray and behind the passenger wheel liner. Remember, the cabin air intake is located under the hood up next to the battery, which is maybe why you are smelling gas fumes in the cabin. Check everything up there including the filler pipe and clamps. It might be one of the vacuum lines that run from the engine to the evap system.
See fuel tank and related components here http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...section=201-00

Quick Reply: Small Evaporative System Leak (P0456) - parts replace, still present