Sponsored by:

My second Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:03 AM
oregondave
Banned

Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by BottomSix
The only time I've ever seen a K&N damage a MAF is from over-oiling. The noise is biggest reason I did it.
Ignore the anti k&n stuff. It's a good upgrade, you've got it, just keep the oil minimal and clean your maf every time you clean your filter.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful cab, welcome back to the Porsche family.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:02 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 254 Posts

Very nice congratulations
Old 01-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,778 Likes on 1,113 Posts

Congrats! That car is a looker - very nice. I had a Mini Cooper S as well. So much fun, but ain't exactly well made, LOL.

I'm planning to do the LN filter adapter and magnetic drain plug and filter mag, but won't be doing my IMS right away. I'd rather change and inspect fluids (oil analysis) for the short term and wait for a better reason to do the IMS.

Since you can turn a wrench, the paranoia should be mitigated. The high cost of Porsches aren't just the parts; you'll save on labor.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:57 PM
BottomSix
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great day today with the C4S.

I replaced the IMS bearing as well as a new clutch and RMS. My rear main seal was leaking like crazy.

Pretty straightforward, I purchased (or my shop did anyway) LN's Single row pro IMS retrofit kit as well as the Faultless IMS tool set. The only real challenge was figuring out what tool parts go where, etc. IMS' directions were pretty good, I also followed Bentley's Youtube video. In all, I replaced the IMS bearing as well as the clutch in about six hours.

My only moment of excitement was the removal of the original (I think) IMS bearing. It was still intact and smooth at 60,500 miles. Whew. I thought of all the repercussions as I was removing it. What if it was failing? Would I keep the car?

I also modified my mufflers Fister style:

I bought the stainless 1 1/4" tubing off of Amazon along with a 1 1/4" hole saw. I fabricated the pipes and cut the holes and took them to a local muffler shop that can weld stainless steel. It took them ten minutes and $40.

Results? It sounds so good. I'm really happy with this low cost mod. It's only loud if you put your foot into it. Perfect!

Should be in the 60's here in Denver tomorrow and I can't wait to drive it a bit more.

My new, locally acquired Misha wing is next!
Old 05-13-2017, 01:35 PM
BottomSix
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wing installed. I had a local guy paint it for $300. It looks perfect.

Fitment was a little tricky, I had to adjust the convertible top cover to clear the top of the wing as it just slightly made contact with the top of the wing. A couple washers slipped in under the cover and it raised it a few mm to clear.

All is good!

Old 05-13-2017, 06:50 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,778 Likes on 1,113 Posts

Originally Posted by BottomSix
Wing installed. I had a local guy paint it for $300. It looks perfect.

Fitment was a little tricky, I had to adjust the convertible top cover to clear the top of the wing as it just slightly made contact with the top of the wing. A couple washers slipped in under the cover and it raised it a few mm to clear.

All is good!

Very nice. Does the wing produce any downforce or is it just to reduce lift?

Quick Reply: My second Porsche