Driver's seat power not working; Durametric; Seat Memory

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Driver's seat power not working; Durametric; Seat Memory

When I bought my 2000 996 it had “comfort” multi-way power, heated seats. The driver’s seat had memory function. A few years ago I replaced those seats with 996 GT3 seats. At one point I thought about swapping the comfort seats back in for a time, and when I installed the seats, the driver side power did not work. I put the GT3 seats back in and sold the comfort seats.

Long story short, I purchased a pair of used seats with power only for the seatback tilt. I took out the GT3 seats and put these in for the winter. Again, the driver’s side seat does not have the power function. Both seats have heat, and the passenger seat tilt works fine.

So, I’m wondering how to get the power on the driver’s side to work. I checked various fuses and found no problems there. I hooked up my Durametric 6, and when I check the Seat Memory function I get the following message:

Communications Error Unable to connect to this module.
This may not be an indication of a problem if the car is not equipped with this control module.

I get this message when I do anything in the Seat Memory section of the software (such as checking for faults). I guess the Durametric will not be able to do anything in this situation? I have seen some posts suggesting the dealer can do something with PIWIS.

My current plan is to drive the car semi-regularly on the street with the regular seats. I have a Sparco halo seat for track weekends, so I want to be able to swap that seat in and out. It would be nice if I could make the swaps a few times a year without having the driver's seat power crap out.

Any thoughts?

And I may be offering a pair of nice GT3 seats for sale.

Quick Reply: Driver's seat power not working; Durametric; Seat Memory