Sponsored by:

Allow myself to introduce....myself.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 10:38 PM
stan23
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkFan#12
i plan to, even though they said they verified it had been done.
Hm. They are probably pulling your leg. You need to remove the motor and split the transmission from the motor to correctly verify. I doubt a used car dealer would do that.

Do you have any LN enginnering stickers on the car?
Old 12-02-2016, 10:43 PM
HawkFan#12
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stan23
Hm. They are probably pulling your leg. You need to remove the motor and split the transmission from the motor to correctly verify. I doubt a used car dealer would do that.

Do you have any LN enginnering stickers on the car?
yeah, I didn't know that, but they did when I asked them about it.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:51 PM
stan23
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkFan#12
yeah, I didn't know that, but they did when I asked them about it.
There is a special place in hell for lying dealers!
Old 12-02-2016, 11:51 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 116 Posts

You need to remove the motor and split the transmission from the motor to correctly verify.
You are kidding right?
Old 12-02-2016, 11:55 PM
HawkFan#12
Pro

There is a special place in hell for lying dealers!
very true. I am working with the owner now as their website gloats about the quality of their vehicles and I bought this virtually for the most part. I will update everyone with the outcome, good or bad.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:57 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

I've got those same wheels. $400 for a brand new wheel. Just buy the damn thing and be done with it.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:46 PM
HawkFan#12
Pro

So I had to edit my original post as I have come to the realization that they falsely advertised my car as a C4 AWD, when in fact it is a C2 RWD.

not sure if there are any laws about this. Anyone know?

this is the craigslist ad. Funny that they removed the picture of the damaged wheel.

2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 6 Speed Hard Top Convertible in EXCELLENT Condition

http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/ctd/5858838800.html
Old 12-03-2016, 01:08 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 162 Posts

For some reason I can't open your links. But if it was a dealer, then you have a fraud claim (or misreperesentation) claim and you may be able to get some money back if you said you were relying on it to be a Carrera 4.

From a legal website - so take it with a grain of salt

Proving Fraud and Collecting Damages

A victim of auto dealer fraud will likely find a tort action to be the most effective means of inflicting meaningful retribution upon the dealer and obtaining a significant damage award. To establish a common law claim for fraud, the victim must show that the dealer omitted or misrepresented material facts, resulting in a financial loss for the victim. To qualify as material, the facts at issue must pass the “but for” test. In other words, but for the omitted or misrepresented facts, the customer would not have purchased the vehicle.

Once fraud is proven, the victim may be entitled to various remedies tailored to the specific circumstances, such as being allowed to surrender an unwanted vehicle and having the court order a refund of all payments made toward the purchase. The victim may also be allowed to cancel any outstanding loan balances or obligations, and receive compensation for wrongful repossession of the vehicle, if that occurred. Court costs and attorney fees may be available, and in cases of especially shameful or predatory conduct by the dealer, the victim may be awarded punitive damages.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:10 PM
HawkFan#12
Pro

Originally Posted by dgjks6
For some reason I can't open your links. But if it was a dealer, then you have a fraud claim (or misreperesentation) claim and you may be able to get some money back if you said you were relying on it to be a Carrera 4.
you may need to copy and paste.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Received 415 Likes on 194 Posts

Did you check under the car to see if there is a front diff? You may want to "print screen" the Craigslist ad. It's still up. Clearly states AWD in 2 places in the ad. Capture it now before he pulls the ad.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:50 PM
VA951
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

This assumes the dealer knew it was a C2, he may not have. He may have been just repeating what he was told when he bought it.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:07 PM
HawkFan#12
Pro

Originally Posted by Bash Hat
Did you check under the car to see if there is a front diff? You may want to "print screen" the Craigslist ad. It's still up. Clearly states AWD in 2 places in the ad. Capture it now before he pulls the ad.
Originally Posted by VA951
This assumes the dealer knew it was a C2, he may not have. He may have been just repeating what he was told when he bought it.
The majority of his cars are Porsche so I assume he knows what he is talking about.

and don't worry, I have screen shots and have printed the ad to PDF.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 116 Posts

Did you get a PPI on it? Do you know when the last time the oil filter was changed? Have you checked the car fax?

If the oil hasn't been changed recently, pull the oil filter, and pull the paper filter part off so that you can stretch it out over a paper towel. If there are any plastic or metal bits, take a picture and post it. You will lose less than a quart of oil doing this.

Assuming it is mechanically sound, it looks like a pretty decent car at pretty decent price. Unless you specifically need the AWD, the C2 is lighter weight and a better performer. Lots of people, including myself, will take a C4 and convert it to a C2 for this very reason.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:30 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 162 Posts

Negligent Misrepresentation

If you cannot establish all the required elements of fraud, you may nonetheless be able to establish that the seller made certain negligent misrepresentations. The advantage of negligent misrepresentation is that you need not establish that the seller knew of the falsity of the representations. Instead, you must establish only that the seller made the representations under circumstances indicating a reckless disregard for the truth, or that seller ought to have known that such representations were not true. For example, if a seller represented that the tires of a used car were good, he has a duty to know that they were good. If he made the representation without having sufficiently inspected the tires to know whether the statement was correct, he is subject to the same liability as though he had made a thorough inspection of the tires, knew they were defective, and stated they were good. A seller will never be held liable for misrepresentations if there was no reliance or if the statements were mere "puffing" and not representations. - See more at: http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar....NXZkDxbM.dpuf
Old 12-03-2016, 06:44 PM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Never forget DASH. Dealers Are PooPoo Heads. All forums are thick with example after example.

Whatever your desired outcome is HawkFan#12 from this deception (they knew), I hope it works out for you.

Good luck,

Eddie

Quick Reply: Allow myself to introduce....myself.